Kageyama's birthday (F)

Y'ALL IT'S 22ND OF DECEMBER YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAGEYAMA TOBIOO!!! 

------

Kageyama never really fussed much about his birthday, even as a kid. He didn't really know how to interact with children his age, so he didn't really have many friends. He had a few cousins that would come over, but apart from that, there was no one but his mom, dad and sometimes grandfather to keep him company at his birthday party. Not that he ever really minded.

But this time, he has a team. He has a second family. He has a lover. He has someone who would die for him, someone who understands him, someone who manages to tolerate him. Someone to talk to, someone to confide in, a best friend. And, even though it wasn't near Christmas when it happened, he considered being able to have all that, his Christmas present.

But of course, that would never be acceptable in the Karasuno family.

On the 21st of December, he walked into a pitch black gym. Confused, he wondered what the hell was going on, and if maybe by accident he had come on the weekend (it wouldn't be the first time to happen). So he slowly entered, fear beginning to creep into him, and let out a hesitant "...hello?"

Then suddenly, BAM! and the bright lights were blinding for Kageyama's poor eyes, and there were cheers and a collective chorus of "Surprise!" And right in front of the raven, was his team, including Coach Ukai and Takeda-sensei, all sporting either huge grins or warm beams on their faces.

Kageyama, flustered at all the attention and smiles, blushed slightly but stayed still in shock. Suddenly, a blur of orange sped past him and he felt two hands on his shoulders. He yelped, as the redhead jumped onto his back and Kageyama had to drop his bag on the floor so that it would be easier to hold Hinata.

"Hinata, be car-"

"HAPPY PRE-BIRTHDAY TOBIOOO!"

Kageyama flinched slightly at Hinata screaming in his ear, but as he was used to it by now, he didn't mind it that much. He felt Hinata slipping off his back, and then he hopped off, and went to stand by the raven's side, beaming up at him. Kageyama grinned at his team standing in front of him, as he met with Hinata's fingers slowly interlacing with each other. "Thank you all. You didn't have to do this though."

"Believe me, we didn't want to do this. It was your dumb and obssessive boyfriend that forced us-"

"-hey I'm not dumb or obssessive!"

Everyone simply stared at Hinata, including Kageyama. Hinata rolled his eyes, and crossed his arms, letting go of the raven's hand, and suddenly Kageyama wanted that warmth back. The tangerine pouted and looked down at the floor, staring at his shoes, his nails gently scratching his arms (a habit he had when he felt awkward). "Okay, maybe just a little bit dumb." He mumbled quietly.

Almost the whole team except Tsukishima laughed, while Kageyama simply chuckled and grabbed Hinata's hands with his own, stopping the little scars that were already beginning to form on his arms. He brought them to his lips and kissed his knuckles, staring straight into those loving, amber eyes, making the tangerine redder than his hair. Everyone stared in shock, for it was not normal to see Kageyama doing PDA with Hinata. But in the end, it was Hinata, and that decoy/middle blocker made the raven do things he never would've expected himself to do.

"Thank you, Shoyo." He whispered against them, and Hinata looked like he was about to have a stroke, Ennoshita already bringing water for the over-heated redhead.

"I think you broke him, Kageyama." Tanaka said with a snicker, as Hinata's eyes seemed to be bulging out of their eye sockets from surprise and shock, and the raven felt the redhead's hands go limp in his own.