Part 3- Weaker than a house elf

"You know what would be terrifying?" He asked as he started up at the starry night sky.

"What?" He asked as he held his raven-haired lover against his chest.

"To be immortal."

"It's a little too late for that, isn't it?" Tom smiled and looked down at the smaller man laying in his lap.

"I suppose it is," Hadrian sighed.

-

When Tom woke up the first thing that he did was reach a hand next to him looking for a person that wasn't there. When he realized that Hadrian was not next to him, Tom scowled. Not even 5 minutes of being up and he was already in a bad mood. And now he had to go and deal with a school full of disgusting, hormonal teenagers. Not only that but they were all too curious for their own good. But he couldn't blame them, after all, he was a random exchange student that arrived less than a week ago. and now had every teacher and even the headmaster eating out of his palm. That never seems to make too many people happy.

He could care less about what those students thought because if they knew his real name they'd be shitting their pants.

To the entire student body at Durmstrange, he was Aeonian Gaunt. He and Hadrian knew that the name would raise suspicions, but he should be able to stay under the radar for a few years before he had to deal with that.

As in most of their life's the classes that they had at Durmstrange were terribly easy, which made them boring. This only made his antipathy for this school even stronger.

One of the only good things was that Kakaroff, the Headmaster of the school bent to Tom's will. Anything Tom needed or wanted was immediately taken care of.

But one of the things he missed most was Hadrian, when he woke up in the morning he missed the warm figure that used to lay next to him. He missed the strange thoughts the man would have, and as much as he loathed to admit it he also missed the pranks that Hadrian would pull. Nothing seemed the same without him.

So, with nothing but annoyance fueling his actions Tom pulled himself from his bed and got ready for the day.

-

When he sat down at one of the many tables in the Great Hall, Tom had been expected to be left alone like normal. Instead, a tall boy dressed in the required uniform sat down across from him. The boy had low cut brown hair and gave off a brooding mood. But, after a silent minute of them staring at each other, the boy extended his hand towards Tom and in a thick Bulgarian accent, introduced himself.

"Hello, my name is Viktor Krum. I hope it's ok that I sit here?" Well, it's a little too late for that, Tom thought.

"I suppose I wouldn't mind," Tom replied. Hadrian had already reminded him last night that he needed to be friendly with the students because they would make good followers. He wasn't wrong of course, but Tom had never been one for making friends. If he recalled, Krum had been one of the Champions in the Triwizard Tournament in their first life. The boy had also been on the Bulgarian Quidditch team. A very nice person to have in his back pocket, Tom supposed.

The rest of breakfast was spent in silence, but Tom didn't mind. He hated small talk, he believed that if you had something to say, say it. Don't sit around talking about meaningless things because you have nothing else to say.