Chapter 2: Add a little glitter

*******

As I walk out with my coffee, I tighten my scarf against the ice-cold wind that touches my cheeks. Coming out from "Warm&Cosy" makes you realize just how warm and cosy it is – outside is freezing.

"Ho ho ho, Merry Christmas young lady. A day filled with magic and snow, right?"
I turn around and see the man in Santa costume.

I sigh, "merry Christmas to you too" I mumble and step over the pile of snow again.
"... also a day filled with love, young lady. Perhaps with the help of a little magic" he says and points to my new bracelet; the little red ribbon.
Weird. Guess he's paid to say nice things like that.

I rush away and grab a taxi, checking the time – right on the time schedule.

I have a big presentation at work today – I've worked for this day for weeks. Working late after work, preparing for this, has been tough, but hopefully also rewarding.

As I feel the butterflies in my stomach and my nerves raising, I look down at the sweet red ribbon and can't help a small smile. Then I take a closer look. That's odd – I didn't notice any glitter on the silk ribbon. Could it be the light in the café? As I look closer, the ribbon almost shines with glitter. It's beautiful and my nerves fall down just by looking at it.

*******