Pathetic

This wasn't how things were supposed to go.

"No, I'm just being dumb..." Kayn shook his head. He just couldn't get the angelic image out of his head. Luscious gold locks, blue orbs that struck like lightning into Kayn's heart, sharp features which still managed to come off as soft... He haunted Kayn's dreams. He couldn't just not think about him, Ezreal.

Kayn never thought he would ever fall in love- sure he had lusted after some girls at school but the feelings he was having now were nothing but pure. Instead of the raw sexual desire, he felt smitten. Perhaps that's why he was so scared, he didn't know how to react.

Even now, as Ezreal was laughing gingerly with two girls Kayn wanted nothing more than to tear those girls away and kiss him.

How would he react? Would he push him away? Was he not into guys? Kayn knew he asked Lux on a date, (un)fortunately getting turned down. Was he planning to try again? He was a stubborn one, according to Kayn's observations.

Or did he liked him back? It seemed impossible but it was still a possibility. "What the hell am I thinking about?! We talked ONCE. Get a hold of yourself." Kayn scolded himself. True, they talked once when their academies organised a sports festival:

Sweat dripped down his chin and into his shirt. He did it- it was his first real victory. He had won a fight against Ekko, one of the first years- he would have definitely get his ass beat against one of the third years like Aphelios. He had a small grin on his face as his teacher nodded at him proudly as he retreated to take a shower and change to his uniform.

He entered the locker room. No one was there except a blond boy. He recognised his charming features and lanky physique. Ezreal, the pretty boy, the charmer, the cute one... He had heard it all from his female classmates, even some males even though they seemed to treat students from the opposite school like mortal enemies. Kayn didn't care for it too much, until now.

He didn't think Ezreal was as enchanting as his classmates percieved him to be. Oh boy was he wrong, now that he was in front of the real deal- he found him captivating despite the bruises and scars he had on his body. The more Kayn observed,the more they seemed like they were from battle.

Ezreal turned his head to the door, having heard the sound of someone making an entrance. The raven haired boy stared at him longingly, a little too long perhaps, it made Ezreal uncomfortable.

The blond had saw him kick Ekko's ass, he'd given him something to mock Ekko for, and from what he observed, he was very skilled and had alot of potential. Even though he was clumsy with his scythe, Ezreal thought he looked badass and was kind of intimidated by him.

Still, he maintained his witty and charming persona and decided to make small talk to break the awkward silence between the two.

"Kayn Shieda, was it? I have heard about you. You are from the Runeterra Academy if I remember correctly." Kayn's dark eyes widened in surprise. He had heard about him? Ezreal, the mage? He wanted to pinch himself to make sure he wasn't dreaming.

Alas, he managed to shake himself out of the trance he was in and answered Ezreal's question. "Yes I am" Kayn managed to choke out "and you must be Jarro Lightfeather.". Shit. He messed up again. That couldn't be a great impression. Now he was going to mock him and-

His thoughts were cut off by Ezreal's gentle laughing. This was the first time he felt like someone was laughing with him and not at him. His laughter was brisk and clean, Kayn found it beautiful and astonishing: " How can someone be this perfect?" he groaned internally. Though, it was a refreshing change from the dark atmosphere of the Runeterra Academy.