Chapter 15

"Victoria! Can you come out here for a second?" Valerie yells from the front of the club. She really knows how to ruin a moment. Second time in one day, I think we need to have a little chat. Thinking about it, it may be for the best though because my intentions of being careful crumble more and more with every smile on Charlies face. "We should go" I mumble and start moving towards the main room. Charlie follows close behind me. "What's up?" There's that knowing grin again. "Ah nothing, just wanted to make sure you two did nothing I don't wanna catch you doing." My checks turn burning red and when I peek over to Charlie I can see his do too. Valerie starts laughing. After a second I regain my balance and join it. Right when I do Charlie starts to relax and laugh as well. This is an interesting thing going on here.

"So, have you guys worked everything out? Do we have a new opening act?" A huge smile forms on my face and I just nod. Who would have thought that today would actually turn into something good? Suddenly a phone is ringing. I turn over to Charlie to see if it's his since it isn't mine and Valerie doesn't react either. He pulls his phone out of his pocket. "I gotta take that" he mumbles. I gesture towards my bedroom so he can have a quiet place to talk if he needs too. He doesn't move and picks up his phone. "What's up Ben?" I watch his face carefully and I see a slight notion of worry on his face. It disappears as quick as it came. "Listen Ben, I know you're not gonna like that but I'm playing a club opening next week." I hold my breath and keep watching him. The fact that I can only hear his side of the conversation makes me anxious.

"Yes, for Victoria. No, there won't be any public announcements about me playing here. Look can we discuss this later? Can I call you when I'm back at my place?" He listens to what Ben has to say. His gaze relaxes. "Great. Later." He hangs up and turns towards me. "Why are you looking at me all worried?" I didn't even realize I did. The second he mentions it I stop holding my breath, which I also forgot I was holding in the first place. Damn today is a real emotional up and down. By now I'm almost certain Charlie can read minds, or at least my mind. He closes the gap between us and play with a strand of my hair, the gently tucks it behind my ear. "Everything is gonna be fine." As if he knew that's exactly what I needed to hear right now. I immediately relax and smile up at him.

Valerie, Charlie and I sit down at the little couch Charlie and I had our talk earlier today and talk about some details of my big night. I feel a lot better having the two of them here. This morning everything seemed way too much to deal with but now, with them around, I feel like I can manage it. Like I can actually make my dream come true. The short time I've spent in LA so far seems like years because it was so draining. After the club opening I technically need at least two weeks of vacation. Obviously that isn't happening, but I have one day with Charlie to look forward too and right now that's all I need. "Alright ladies, I hate to say this but I gotta go. My qualities are needed elsewhere." He gets up and I raise an eyebrow at him. "You mean I'm not the only girl you have to save today?" I pull out my best puppy dog eyes impression. "Oh darling, you are my only priority today... and pretty much every other day. I just wanted to make a dramatic exit and now you ruined it." Now he's pulling a puppy dog eye. I feel like I'm falling to pieces. This guy has me wrapped around his finger.

"Aw, want a kiss to make you feel better?" Did I really just say this? I feel like he's thinking the exact same thing because he looks shocked for a second. Then he catches himself, clears his throat and says "I would love that" in the most sexy voice I have ever heard. I need a second before I can stand up because the sound of his voice and the realization of what I said turned my legs into pudding. I take a step over to him, suddenly being very aware of Valerie watching this situation carefully. I give him a quick kiss on his cheek and whisper into his ear "thank you for saving my day." We smile at each other for a second. Then he turns to Valerie, says his goodbyes and leaves. "Victoria, be careful what you're getting yourself into, ok?" She's right. I need to remember to be careful.

Valerie left shortly after Charlie because there wasn't really anything for her to help with anymore today. I closed up the club and literally fell into bed, only now fully realizing how draining today was. I still can't believe everything that happened today. How in the morning I was so mad and hurt and now I'm just full of happiness. I start thinking about Charlie, realizing how deeply I've fallen for him already. There certainly is something between us but I'm not sure if I'm ready for it yet. Yes, it's been a while since Max and I broke up but... I just can't go through anything like that again. I know Charlie isn't him but still I hardly know anything about this guy. I have to watch out for my heart. I grab my phone and open up a text to Charlie

Whatever this is between us, we have to take it slow.