twelve

i didn't see luke until two days later.

honestly, i was surprised i didn't just show up to his house and demand him to tell me what was wrong. i decided that he needed some space so i pushed my worries to the back of my head. until now.

the moment i spotted luke leaning against his locker, i decided to confront him. i walked across the hallway, shoving through people as i threw of couple of eye rolls to people that muttered 'excuse you!'.

"hemmings," i blurted, slamming his locker shut. "i-i don't even know where to begin, you stupid ass-"

"for the love of god," he whispered under his breath or at least that's what i thought i had heard. i still didn't budge and waited for him to respond. he seemed to realize that i was not going to leave anytime soon so he let out a breath and looked at me.

i broke away eye contact after five seconds, feeling uncomfortable that he wasn't saying anything.

"what else did you expect me to do? where have you been? i've been calling and texting you, and you didn't reply." i said, remembering how frantic he had sounded in that voicemail and perplexed that he acted that nothing had happened.

"oh," he looked down at his feet, and started to walk away from me, "i didn't have time."

i caught up to him, practically running in the hallway, "well, make time or i'll kill you. you had me worried."

"well sorry to burst your bubble, this isn't the first time someone's threatened me. besides, i'm not the guy you should be worrying about"

"well, this is the first time that i have threatened you, so get your shit together and tell me what you were going to say."

"you wouldn't want to hear what i was going to say," he mumbled, putting an earbud into his ear, leaving one out dangling from his side, the white cord swinging back and forth. luke then headed inside the bathroom, making his best efforts to get away from me.

checking to see if anyone was around, i ducked my head and followed. i expected it to smell worse than in the girl's bathroom, but unexpectedly, it was cleaner and much smaller. i spotted luke standing by the sink, taking out his earbuds when he noticed me."you know this is the boy's bathroom right?" he said slowly, as if speaking to a kid that was just learning how to talk.

"no shit, i know it is, i have eyes. there's a sign that says boys and another sign that has a stick figure that isn't wearing a dress. i'm not stupid,"

the bell rang, and the next thing i knew were the sounds of shoes slamming the floor as they overcrowded the hallways, walking into the classrooms.

"that's just great," i groaned, "we're both late to class because you wanted to go into the bathroom to listen to music."

"you didn't need to follow me, just saying. i'm sure your boyfriend would want to hear people talk about you going into the bathroom after me." luke smirked, putting an earbud back into his ear.

"you're so fucking annoying. besides," i started to mumble, "we haven't talked since he came to my house."

i didn't think luke heard me, because by then, both of his earbuds were in his ears, listening to blaring music.

-

me: listen here

luke: i can't listen to you we're texting so it would b better if you said "read here"

me: omg you're so fucking annoying

luke: im not but what did you want

me: wanna ditch class please