Chapter 2: The Fighting Begins ((Part 1))

Cross POV

We sat, in the cave, Dream's face was covered in blush, he was happy though, as far as I could tell, at least. Dream looked back to the water. 

"Cross...?" He asks me, his voice soft and quiet...uneasy. "What do you mean, 'you like me'?" 

I was afraid he was going to want me to elaborate on that. I sighed, gathering all my courage. "I... Dream, you promise you won't laugh? Or hate me forever?" I ask him. He seems a little startled by this. 

"You think I would hate you? I...I would never hate you! Why would you think such a thing?!" He says, clearly shocked. I smile a little, nodding. 

"Of course, such a silly question..." I mutter, rubbing my arm. 

"And I won't laugh. No matter how stupid it is. Even if you tell me that your scared of cows or something." He snickers a bit. "Go on, tell me." 

"D-Don't say that word again, please..." I say, shaking a bit. 

"Which word?" He asks, confused and tilting his head a bit. I shake my head. 

"N-Never mind...Ahem-" I start before sighing once more. He said he wouldn't hate me or laugh, why was I still so hesitant about this...? Just say it, Cross! Jeez. Come on! Say it! "Ilikeyou."  I blurt, much too fast for him to understand. He looks at me confused. 

"Do what?" He asks. "Come on, Cross, I won't hate you or laugh. Just tell me...slowly." He gives me an encouraging smile, his aura was gentle and comforting. I smile at him. 

"I like you, Dream. I always have. I just really like you. Like...like-like you," I say, looking down, refusing to make eye contact with Dream. He chuckled. "Hey! You promised you wouldn't laugh!" I say, my head shooting up to glare at him. He had a soft smile. 

"I'm not laughing at that. I'm laughing at the fact that you were nervous in the first place." Dream snickers again. I give him a confused look. He sighs, a smile still. "I like you, too." Dream adds, quietly. 

I felt a surge of happiness within me. "Y-You're serious?" I ask him. He nods. 

"Y-Yeah, I like you, Cross. But, how long have you liked me? I...I just want to make sure you aren't tricked by my aura..." Dream mutters, unsure about me. I felt a pang of anger. 

"What? I've liked you for months now! It's not your aura, Dream...it's just you," I say, urging this to him. "Do you understand? I...I love you, Dream!" I shout, my voice echoing down the long cave. 

"O-Okay! D-Don't shout it!" He says, his face flushed once more in a deep blush. "Someone might hear you!" He scolds me. I smile wide. 

"I will shout it to the whole world if that's what it took," I tell him, teasingly. 

"Would you really?" He whispers, looking up at me. 

"Don't doubt me, Dream, I will!" I say, daringly. He shakes his head fast. 

"N-No need! I believe you!" He says, before repeating himself in a quieter tone, "I believe you." 

There was a quiet calm pause between the two of us. All that could be heard was the stream as it rushed by and Dream putting his hand into the water once more, to feel it's cool current. The crystal's still sparkled off to the sides of the cave. It was pretty. I couldn't keep my eyes off of Dream, watching him stare at the water. 

"I can feel you staring." He says, snickering, pulling his hand away from the water and turning to where he had set his gloves previously, although, I'd never seen him take them off. He was fast. He dried off his hands before slipping back on his gloves.