When the Levee Breaks

~~THEN~~

"All right. So, uh, what's the big demon problem?" Sam asked. "You are. This is for your own good." Bobby said and we closed and locked the door. I heard Sam walk over through the door. "Guys? Hey, hey. What?" Sam asked as Bobby closed and latched the window. "This isn't funny. Guys! Hey! Guys?"

~~NOW~~

Dean and I are standing outside of the Panic Room, where Sam is still locked in. "Okay. Let me out. This is not funny." Sam says to us, through the little barred window in the door. "Damn straight." Dean says. "Dean, Ashley, come on. This is crazy."   "No. Not until you dry out."   "Look, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have lied to you two. Just open the door."  "You don't have to apologize. It's not your fault. It's not your fault that you lied to us over and over again. We get it now. You couldn't help it." I told him.

"I'm not some junkie." Sam argued. "Really? I guess we've just imagined how strung out you've been lately." Dean told him. "You're actually trying to twist this into some kind of ridiculous drug intervention?" "If it smells like a duck."   "Guys, I'm not drinking the demon blood for kicks. I'm getting strong enough to kill Lilith." "Strong?" I asked. "Yeah." "This is about as far away from strong as you can get, Sammy." I told him. "Yeah, try weak, desperate, pathetic." Dean said and I elbowed him.

"Killing Lilith is what matters. Or are you two so busy being self-righteous you forgot about her?" "Oh, Lillith's gonna die. Bobby, Ashley, and I will kill her. But not with you."   "You're not serious."   "Congrats, Sammy. You just bought yourself a benchwarmer seat to the apocalypse." I told him as Dean reached for the window cover. "Dean, look-no, wait-" Dean shut the cover and we started walking away. "Come back here. Dean, Ashley! Let me out of here! Ashley, Dean! Let me out of here! Let me out! Dean! Ash!"

In Bobby's living room, Bobby pours three glasses of whiskey, handing one to Dean and I each, and keeping one. All we can hear is Sam screaming below us. "Stop! Stop!"   "How long is this gonna go on?" I asked, near tears at the events of the past few days. "Here, let me look it up in my demon-detox manual. Oh wait. No one ever wrote one. No telling how long it'll take. Hell, or if Sam will even live through it."

Bobby's phone rang, cuting him off.  "Hello. ...Suck dirt and die, Rufus. You call me again, I'll kill you." "What's up with Rufus?" Dean asked. "He knows." Bobby replied simply, as his phone rang again. "I'm busy, you son of a bitch. This better be important."

"The news. The news ain't good." Bobby said, handing us articles Rufus had emailed him. "This is what Rufus called about? 'Key West sees ten species go extinct'." Dean read. "Plus Alaska. Fifteen-man fishing crew all stricken blind, cause unknown. New York, teacher goes postal, locks the door, kills exactly sixty-six kids." I read out. "All this in a single day. I looked them up. There's no doubt about it. They're all seals. Breaking. Fast." Bobby finished for me. "How many are left?" Dean asked. "Who knows? Can't be many. Where the hell are your angel pals?" Bobby asked and my muscles tightened remembering Cas' last words before he disappeared.

"I learned my lesson while I was away, Ashley. I serve heaven, I don't serve man, and I certainly don't serve you."

"Ashley!" I heard and jumped, finding both Dean and Bobby looking at me. "Yeah?" "You okay, kid?" Bobby asked. I nodded. "Any word from Cas lately? You are his, what was it, Blood Singer?" Dean asked. "No, you heard him in the warehouse."   "I'm just wondering." Bobby said. "What?" Dean and I asked.

"The apocalypse being nigh and all...is now really the right time to be having this little domestic drama of ours?"   "What do you mean?" Dean asked. "Well, I don't like this any more than you do, but Sam can kill demons. He's got a shot at stopping Armageddon."   "So what? Sacrifice Sam's life, his soul, for the greater good? Is that what you're saying? Times are bad, so let's use Sam as a nuclear warhead?" Dean asked.