The tale of an empathetic girl

"Some time in the future maybe we can get together,
Maybe share a drink and talk awhile.
And reminisce about the days when we were still together,
Maybe somewhere further down the line.
And I will meet you there.
Some time in the future we can share our stories.
When we won't care about all of our mistakes,
Our failures, and our glories.
But until that day comes along I'll keep on moving on."

Song: Moving On - Kodaline

++++++

Emma was nervous as she drove over to Harry's flat and she was even more nervous as she was standing outside it, ready to knock on the door

Emma was nervous as she drove over to Harry's flat and she was even more nervous as she was standing outside it, ready to knock on the door. Her anxiety was awful. She hated feeling like this because of Harry. It didn't make sense to her. It didn't make sense to feel like this over the sweet boy she was so in love with back in her youth. He was still the same Harry, just a little more rough around the edges, at no fault of his own.

Emma took a deep breath and blew it out before she knocked on his flat door.

Harry opened the door with Haven in his arms. He was wearing a grey jumper and black skinny jeans. His long, wavy hair flowed down to his shoulders, making Emma a bit jealous with the way it naturally curled into ringlets near his ears. She'd never get over the fact that it was so long now. But he looked good. Really good. It made him look so much older than the boy she knew way back when.

His smile beamed at her, making her head spin a little. He was blessed with so much beauty. It wasn't fair for the rest of the other people on earth. And of course, he passed the gene down to his daughter.

"Emmy, hi," Harry greeted.

"Hi," she said as her stomach flipped and flopped at the sight of him.

"Hi," Haven said, mimicking Emma with a cherub cheek smile.

"Well, hello," Emma cooed at her.

"Say 'I'm Haven. Nice to meet you,'" Harry told his daughter.

"I Haven. Nice'a meet you," she parroted, causing both Emma and Harry to chuckle. She was so cute.

"Hi, Haven. Nice to meet you. I'm Emma," she introduced herself to Harry's little mini-me.

Just seeing her in pictures, she saw the resemblance, but it was nothing compared to seeing them together in person.

"Hi," Haven said again before bringing her hand up to her mouth to blow a kiss at Emma.

"Aww," Emma cooed before blowing her a kiss back, causing Haven to giggle.

"Silly girl," Harry said, smiling at his daughter before tickling her side, causing her to squeal and giggle, squirming in his arms. Feelings of adoration flooded Emma as she watched the two of them.

"I brought some wine," Emma said, holding up the bottle of red.

"Brilliant. That'll go great with dinner," Harry said, taking the bottle from her, and Haven immediately started grabbing for it.