Chapter 22

The two stopped right by the end of the street to catch their breaths. Jaemin leaned back against the wall with his head facing upwards with eyes closed. He almost got caught but glad he made the quick move. Shinrae made her way towards the wall too, standing next to him.

"are you okay?" she managed to speak only to get a quick nod as a response.

"let's go,"

-

They resumed their journey, walking around the streets of Seoul and yet had made a quick stop to get something to eat. It was a shop outdoors, surrounded by many food stalls which the area had provided tables and chairs for people to enjoy their food or hang out. The two sat opposing to eachother, with two bowls of black bean noodles on the table.

Shinrae was currently mixing her noodles while Jaemin on the other hand, was silent in his seat. It didn't took her long enough to notice, and she felt guilty. She began to clear her throat to gain his attention. He blinked in response, finally getting himself back to reality as pulled up his bright smile at her.

With that, they ate their food. In silent. Too silent to the point that the surrounding itself felt empty. Jaemin was too deep into his thoughts just thinking about his mum, how she muttered his name from afar, the sadness in her eyes made him feel so bad.

"should've known taking you here was a mistake," she muttered softly with her head low. She quickly finished her food, leaned back in her seat and looked around. She didn't dare to speak to him, she felt ashamed of herself of course after her so called plan didn't work out. She thought she made things worse.

Without realization, the sun began to set that made Shinrae to grab her phone to check on the time. They've lost track of time for not realizing that they've been here for quite sometime now -fours hours. She looked up from her phone to see Jaemin who thankfully had finished his food.

"let's go home, its getting dark," she said as they both stood up from their seats, walking their way to the bus stop, taking the bus to Han Seoul bus terminals so they could then go back to Chuncheon.

They've eventually arrived about 15 minutes later. Shinrae quickly made it out of the bus and headed inside to buy the tickets leaving Jaemin behind. He watched her from a far and left the bus, making his way inside.

"oh dear, the bus heading to Chuncheon had just left a few minutes ago," the lady inside the ticket box spoke.

"the next bus is in an hour," she added.

"I'll take two please," she said. Shinrae paid for the tickets and turned around to see Jaemin, standing there waiting for her.

-

The two decided to wait outside, now currently at the playground not too far from the building, both sat down on the swings.

"thank you," he spoke. Shinrae turned to him as the two made eye contact. He gave her a smile and reached out for her hand.

"no it wasn't a mistake too, im really happy to see that my girlfriend had actually taken the time to research then take me out here just so i can see my parents again," he said. She didn't expect his reaction to come out that way but she was soften and in awe by his words.

He stood, walking his way up to her as he squated down. He crossed his arms, rested them on her knees as he looked up.

"now let me be the one to take you out next time," he spoke, making her giggle.

"sure," she smiled.

"i love you," he added. Shinrae was speechless, those words were so unexpected but she was happy. She leaned down to give him a quick peck on the lips.

"i love you too," she responded with a smile. Jaemin was happy, it was a true yet different feeling because it was rare, it was a feeling he had never felt before, he was in love. He stood up as he then pulled her up back on her feet.

"let's go home,"

-

"20:30"

Kun stared at the time as he sighed. The group has finally arrived at Chuncheon and the car was parked at a 7/11 to take a short break from driving . They were all exhausted, with all three of them already drifted themselves to sleep. Kun turned to the back seat, playfully rolling his eyes to the two young little boys all fast asleep. He turned to Mark, also dead asleep.

Again, they've failed to relocate Jaemin. Not even the slightest clue found but Kun was still proud. He was proud at how the others didn't give up for the rest of the day. They've put a lot of work and effort, and it shows. It shows how much Jaemin means a lot to them. Kun got out of the car and headed inside to buy some drinks and light snacks for them. As he entered, he quickly made his way to drinks aisle. To his surprise, he spotted a familiar face.

"hey shinrae right?" he said as he approached the girl. She turned to look at him with surprise.

"oh my god! hey its me, you're..... kun!" she spoke as the two laughed.

"glad seeing you here again," he said as he shook her hand.

"likewise, so how's it going?" she asked. Kun lets out a breath as he pointed outside to his car.

"had a long trip all the way from Seoul," he  said as Shinrae turned to look outside. She squinted her eyes, she spotted a young man sleeping on the passengers seat but unable to see the others in the back. She felt strange, weirded out at how familiar he looks.

"M-mark?" she spoke under her breath in shock. She began to panic, wondering how many of them were in that car. She didn't expect Kun to know them either.

"wow you must be tired," she spoke with eyes still focused on the car.

"hell yeah, i have two boys in the back whining over the gps. very tiring" he spoke as he chuckle. Shinrae turned back to him as she chuckled with him as well. The only thing stuck in her mind was the fact that some NCT Dream members are in that car with Kun and Jaemin is in the bathroom right now.

"well its nice to see you again Kun! but if you excuse me, i have to go to the restroom," she said as she walked away from him as they greeted eachother goodbye. Kun watched as she walked away into the back.

"what is up with her?" he murmured to himself.

Shinrae hurriedly made her way towards the back to see Jaemin exiting the toilet. Eyes widen, she quickly covered his mouth as she pushed him back inside and closed the door behind them. Jaemin was confused as his eyebrows furrowed. Shinrae shushed him as she slowly removed her hand from his mouth.

"what's going on?" he whispered.

"you're friends are here," she said.

"what?!"

"shinrae? you okay in there?"

"kun?!" Jaemin mouthed out.