Chapter 4

Dedicated to abbah08200

A/N: SEVERLY NOT EDITED!

12 YEARS AGO...

Alpha Samuel's POV

I woke up from the crying sound I heard down stairs. Ethan. He's been crying for a week now. We don't know what's wrong with him. He refuses to eat or sleep properly. And when he sleeps, its from the exhaustion of crying. We took him to the pack Doctor everyday. But he gave us the same answer as always, " I really don't know what's wrong with him Alpha,  everything seems normal. I checked his blood and urine samples and there is nothing wrong. I even took the liberty of sending his blood sample to London hospital, the best werewolves hospital, but they gave me the same answer."

I went down stairs to find Sabah, Abdo's Mate and the mother of Hassan, craddling the 1 year old baby in her arms and trying to calm him down. Abdo was also gazing at Ethan, sitting near where his wife is standing. The Doctor also told me that Ethan is dying. He is weak. Slipping away from our life. Am at loss. I feel like I can't help my grandson from his pain. The pain we can't identify.

Ever since my son Chris died with his Mate Rahel, leaving a 9 years old boy Daniel and a new born baby Ethan parentless, I was trying hard to cover the gap their parents left. I still don't know why she died. Wolves don't die while giving birth. My Beta and his mate moved with their son to our house, so that Sabah will look after Ethan. She sees him as her son and takes good care of him. When she heard that Ethan is dying, she was crying constantly.

Sabah looked at me with blood red eyes from crying."Alpha, I think you should see this" she said laying Ethan on his bed and uncovering his belly to my view. I took a step and bent over to see clearly.

"Huh" I sucked in the air and froze looking at his belly. There is fresh mark etched on his skin right under his heart. Its a red Moon. "What is this mark? " I asked. "I have never seen this one before."

Abdo stood next to me and said "Alpha, I had been suspecting this when Rahel died. Its rare that a wolf die giving birth. And when they do, it is because the child is strong and powerful." Am at loss for words. What is he talking about? What power? He is a baby for the love of Goddess. Just listen to him! My wolf said in my head. I think he knows what's going on. I did as my wolf said and nodded to Abdo to continue.

"But today I knew I was right." He said moving closer to Ethan and touching his mark. "I have seen this mark along time ago." He stood straight and looked into my eyes. "Alpha, this is exactly the same as our previous Oracle, Kahenya."

"Oracle?" I asked "Your saying that Ethan is an Oracle? But he is a baby!!" I said loudly. I couldn't believe it.

Abdo nodded his head. He was moving in the room as if his collecting the information from his head before speaking. "Alpha Samuel, there is no age limit. If you're an Oracle, you will be born with it." He stopped moving and looked at Ethan again. "I remember when our previous Alpha was talking about an Oracle. He said that they were born every 400 years and live to protect or predict the saftey of the chosen ones."

"The chosen ones?" I asked sitting in the bed next to the now sleeping Ethan. "Yes the chosen ones" he kept talking. "Just as you were the chosen one to lead our kind here, you were also chosen to continue the line of the Oracle, and may be more."

I snapped my head to Abdo. "More? What do you mean more? You mean another Oracle? Is Danny also going to be an Oracle? "

He shook his head " Danny is already 10. I can see the trait of an Alpha in him. He is showing all the signs of an Alpha. Am sure before he shifts, a year earlier, he will have the mark of an Alpha, just like you did."  I agreed with him. Danny is nothing like Chris. He is showing the signs i had at his age. "If he does, and am sure of it, he will continue your line. That's Daniel's purpose."