Chapter 1

First chapter 

*Slap-!*

Her head jerked to the side with a burning pain but she straightened herself with a smile and stared at her red-faced father.

‘Finally, your terrible nature has been exposed.' On the outside he pretended to be a respectable, educated man, but as his façade cracked, revealing his truth to the world, Carinne felt excitement surging through her and wondered how repulsed he must have been to see her laughing when he was being dead serious. 

"Are you laughing?! How can you be laughing right now?! You wench!"

"Thank you for the praise."

Carinne nonchalantly swept her hand over her stinging cheek and replied in the same manner. She knew exactly what to do in order to infuriate him and he knew how to reply, for his hand that was resting on his sword handle, was raised in the air again promising another slap as he saw her twisted lips.

*Slap-!*

This time it was the other cheek. Carinne felt helpless as she could neither stop him using force, nor resist the pain spreading through her face, with the taste of iron in her mouth she was sure there was blood.

'My cheeks are going to swell.' Doubting she’ll be able to step out of the house any time soon, she decided not to fret about.

"You dare get pregnant?! What kind of filthy scum you got mixed with? You crazy bitch !"

"Well, I ran into him at a shabby bar. His body was covered with muscles, and his husky voice...we were a little drunk. Even the night was ···."

*Slap-!*

Her face jerked again, this time the pain has been aggravated by accidentally biting her tongue, however Carinne didn't let it show, she was feeling proud because she has ruined the grand scheme of the man in front of her.

"Shut up! You're grounded from today. You won't be able to move a step out of your room! Someone lock her up in the basement right now!"

"That's a shame, you missed a good chance to sell your daughter for a high price."

"I said drag her out right now!"

Only then did the servants, who witnessed the whole ordeal, started to move. Carinne turned her body toward them and stared at them with a furious gaze that made her resemble a wild beast. The contempt in those unfeeling eyes stopped them from moving for a moment as if they were frightened.

"Don't touch me, I'll go on my own."

"Damned, demented bitch!”

Amidst the chaos, the sound of something breaking made its way to her ears.

Carinne smiled internally as she walked into a narrow, dark and smelly room on her own, thanks to her plan she was able to avoid getting sold to the fat stinking count; the dirty pervert who committed matricide.

'It hurts.' The beaten cheeks were already swollen. Carinne walked into the narrow basement and lowered her eyes to her swollen belly that was beyond concealment. *klang* The iron gates were closed and locked together with the clattering of iron.

She heaved a short sigh, and sat on a creaking shabby bed, then laid slanted on it, tired, and closed her eyes, trying to remember when things started to go downhill, that will be six months ago.

***

"The Count Bupo wants you as a concubine. We'll have a half-year preparation period and then we'll proceed to send you to him, so keep that in mind."