- 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐋𝐚𝐜𝐮𝐧𝐚 -

-Third-person point of view -

"Lilly!" Her name echoed through the many halls of the bunker for hours as the boys tried to find her. They figured that she must have overheard their conversation, causing Dean to be filled with guilt. He wasn't truly planning on killing her, it was a rather stupid thing he wondered out loud at an inopportune moment.

The boys came together in the Crow's Nest once they had completed searching every inch of the bunker for a second time.

"You're sure you're not able to locate her?" Sam asked Castiel who had answered that question one too many times before, causing him to throw the youngest brother a bitch face.

"No—Sam, I wasn't able to find her ten minutes ago, I'm not able to find her now," he exhaled in annoyance. The angel thought he had done the right thing when he warded her from Heaven, but that decision had turned on him rather quickly. Dean who had taken a seat at the table threw his feet on the glass map, causing a loud bang.

"How on earth will we find her? She could be anywhere. Who knows, maybe she opened another portal and got the hell out of here?" he questioned infuriated.

"That is a possibility. You threatening her life must have scared her. High emotions can cause one to become more powerful," Castiel explained, but deep hoped that wasn't the case. "The last thing Lilly wanted before was to go back to her home-world, if she did open a rift, it might have led to another dimension than hers," the angel continued.

"If that's the case, we'll never see her again," Sam said quietly, still confused at how things had gotten to that point.

The room went quiet after that. Their minds racing as each one of them tried their hardest to come up with a way to return her home. They had located people before without angelic help, without having the slightest of insight of where that certain person could be.

"We could look for a spell? There must be some DNA of her in the bunker somewhere—a hair on her pillow? We could track her by using magic?" Sam suggested, making the other's eyes light up.

"Yes—the Enochian I carved in her ribs are flawed, there must be a way to weaken them," Castiel sounded hopeful as he started to walk to the library. The brothers followed in his footsteps while Sam asked another question.

"If you know it's flawed, what does that say about Heaven?" Something switched in all of them after those words left his mouth, fear hitting them on the back of their heads like a bag of heavy bricks.

It meant that it just had become a race against the clock. If Heaven had started looking into tracking her down imminently after what happened on the way to the bunker, they had a head start.

"We've to find her before they do," the angel sounded pressured as he was going over several book spines, trying to find the right book to help them in their search.

The urge to protect dominated all of them, confusing them at the same time. They were good-natured, but this overwhelming feeling to make sure every single hair on Lilly's head was safe was worrisome. It had to do with her being not human, it must've been, some type of effect that caused people to get attached to her in an unhealthy way.

Once the boys had collected some books on the central table, a conversation started that bounced between the pages.

"So we're still going with this goddess theory?" Dean asked without taking his eyes off the paper in front of him.

"Yes—like I said before, there is not a lot of supernatural activity going around in her universe. God even decided to delete Heaven and Hell out of the picture," Castiel explained while also focused on the books.

"And what you're saying is that her universe is ruled by Gods and Goddesses? Making her one of the most powerful beings there is?" the youngest brother joined, asking his own fair share of questions.

"I suppose you could compare her with an Archangel if she truly is a Goddess." The only books that touched on supernatural beings in her universe that Castiel was able to find mentioned Gods and Goddesses, almost instantly deleting all other options.

"If she's an actual Goddess, how come she has so little power?" Sam asked as he reached for another book.

"Don't doubt her power. It is not because she doesn't look strong now, that she isn't deadly," the angel warned him. Dean who had been quiet for a minute reached over the table for a beer.

"We know Heaven wants her dead, and that on its own is already proof enough that she's dangerous," he said before putting the glass bottle against his lips.

"The possibility still exists that she wasn't originally from that universe, and ended up in it when very young," the angel said as he flipped another page. "Increasing the possible things she might b—" Castiel's words were cut off by Sam who threw his book loudly in the middle of the table, open on page eighty-two.

"Look at this—" he pointed at the chapter to clarify what he was talking about, "It says we can track someone on a map by performing a simple spell that asks for the smallest bit of DNA." He didn't have to convince them, they were too desperate to have doubts, and it was at least worth a shot.

Dean stood up to get a map out of the Impala, Castiel traveled to Lilly's room for DNA as Sam headed towards the storage to get the rest of the ingredients. When they returned to the library, it didn't take long before they started to perform the spell. The oldest Winchester laid the map of the United States open on the table while his brother started measuring amounts of certain ingredients. The angel awkwardly watching him as he waited for the right moment to add Lilly's hair that he was holding in between his index finger and thumb.

When everything was finished they poured the mixture over the map, soaking it as the access fluid ran down the table on the floor.

"You sure this is gonna work?" Dean asked as he revealed his lighter, questioning if it was such a good idea to light a paper map on fire, that was laying on a wooden table; that stood on a wooden floor; surrounded by thousands of books.

To break his fear down, he was scared he was gonna light the entire bunker on fire. He looked over to the other two who shrugged at his question.

"Comforting," he exhaled as he opened the silver lighter, creating a flame. Holding their breaths, Dean threw it on the map, setting it ablaze. The flames caught the edges off the map first, to creep slowly inward towards the middle afterward. The map got smaller and smaller, truly deleting all the other places out of the picture. The flames started heading west gradually starting to circle California. It shrunk even smaller as the flame finally died down, leaving a clear direction right before it went out.

"Los Angeles—" Dean sighed as he let his head hang down to the ground in despair, "why L.A.?" He despised the place.