- 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: 𝟓 𝟒 𝟑 𝟐 𝟏 -

- Lilly-Mae's point of view -

With my mind on zero, my eyes fixed on the door in front of me and my ears focused on every sound they could pick up. I had no clue what I was doing. Searching for a solution was impossible. Praying? Useless. Hoping for a miracle was pathetic, and I had no intentions of spending my last day on earth, being pathetic.

My senses dominated me. Smell, taste, hearing, vision, touch. I wanted to spend my last day on earth, human. The rotting blood scent filled my lungs as a similar taste settled on my tongue. The sound of restless movements and blurry conversations that took place at the other side of the door filled my ears. My eyes, which allowed me to see, absorbed all the color they encountered. There weren't many in this rather dark room, but when they came across a small flower pot that stood on a desk in the corner of the room, my pupils grew interested. The plant that once stood in it, had long since died. But the color of the pot itself caught my attention. Mikado yellow, a beautiful, vibrant color that reminded me of sunflower fields, or the sun in a children's drawing. The cold floor where I stood on with my bare feet shot signals through my nerves. So did the thick rope that was slowly cutting into my wrists.

In that exact same order, smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. That was how I arranged my senses. Smell was the least important in my opinion. Touch the exact opposite. II wondered if it was odd, to have a favorite sense? It probably was, but I suppose that's just what I am—strange.

My senses dominated me until the door opened again, and fear took over.

The creature who had tied me up stood in the entrance, leading the way for his friends. "Take a seat, gentlemen. Get comfortable—there's plenty of room for all of you," spoke the man that stood before me about an hour ago. The hairs in my neck stood on end when I saw distorted faces entering the room, hidden under long hoods, their bizarre colored eyes were most prominent. Again—not human. Trembling, I scanned all the creatures until they all had taken their seats, trying to understand what exactly they were. By the time the door closed behind them, my head was pounding.

The owner of the auction house smiled, "Welcome—welcome, I know this is quite unexpected, you could even call it unusual. Two auctions in one day. But what can I say?" His eyes shot towards my direction while pointing, a twisted grin on his face. "She literally walked straight into my hands." Laughter filled the room, causing a chill to slowly crawl its way up my spine, unable to get over the orange glowing eyes.

The owner got ready to start his show, where he offered me to be sold. "Shall we just get started then?" The room agreed and I could barely breathe. "This is Lilly-Mae, or Lilly if you're nice enough." Soft laughter bounced around the room, but my eyes didn't leave the man in front of me for a single second, watching him as he paced back and forth. "Twenty-five years of age, incredibly soft skin, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious as to what she tastes like." A thin layer of water formed in my eyes. "So I suggest we all have a taste." Once again, the room agreed, and a man with a knife and a glass carafe approached me. The cold iron cut through me like a warm knife through butter. My blood felt warm running down my chilled skin as it got collected in the carafe. "Patience, gentlemen," he said, trying to calm the room down. Revealing the thick, red liquid caused the creatures to become restless. They were starving, and the sounds leaving their mouths didn't suggest anything but impatience. To my surprise revealed everyone a small glass, for my blood to be poured into. When he said they were going to have a taste of me, he meant it literally. The precious liquid was shared fairly among all the guests, as they treated my blood like a bottle of expensive old wine. The owner sniffed his glass softly, imagining the taste as a smirk appears on his lips. "Go for it, gentlemen." With their heads tilted backward, they poured it down their throats like a shot. They acted like wild animals that had finally caught their prey after days of hunting. When all my blood had disappeared, the room was filled with what I assumed were supposed to be compliments, addressed to me. They said things about how special I tasted, how unique and pure I was. But those compliments quickly turned into inappropriate comments. Things they wanted to do to me, how they were going to do it. Everything was being explained down to the smallest detail, and it made me feel sick.