- 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫: 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐟𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐡 -

- Lilly-Mae's point of view -

He held a gun to my head, my eyes were closed, and bam—I was dead. A mercy shot. That was the thing Thomas hoped I would be able to forgive him. He only did it to spare me from the horrific things Osain would've done to me.

There I went, my body crashed on the concrete floor, causing the room to explode in anger. The owner had just lost a number ending with five zeros. The monsters lost their company and dinner.

The impact of the bullet that had effortlessly flown straight through my forehead had caused my eyes to fly back open. Laying on the floor in my own blood, mixed with that of the previous victims, I stared before me. The big rusted door was still directly in front of me, blocked by two pairs of feet. Thom's and those of the owner.

That was when I realized something was wrong. I was dead, yet I heard, smelled, saw, and felt things. I couldn't move and when they started attacking Thomas, I knew I had walked straight into my worst nightmare.

The monsters flew at him like wild animals. They ripped his clothing, sinking their teeth in his skin. His screaming filled my ears, but there wasn't anything I could do—except watch. I was trapped in my own body; I had no control. They chewed on his flesh like piranhas, causing a blood bath. It didn't take long before his body hit the floor. Inches in front of me, his hand almost touching mine. He called out for help, begged for mercy, but they didn't listen. The only one listening to the words he cried out, was me.

My head was filled with my own screaming accompanied by flashes of our past. The first day I met him, how his bright smile reflected nothing but joy. The sunshine shone in his dark brown hair making it look almost golden.

As if a movie of our past life was playing in front of my eyes, I remembered the day I moved into my house. Thom had just turned nineteen and his dad had forced him to pass by and give me an apple pie he had baked. He stood terrified on my porch, trying his hardest not to eye the mess of boxes that stood behind me. Not even a week later he had invited me over to the barn, and that's when I started to fall in love. Thomas always was and had been the person that loved me for who I was. He accepted me the way I was, and adored me for it, he was the only person on the entire planet I could be the real Lilly-Mae Mooney around, and not have to wear that oppressing social mask.

I realized I was losing the older brother I never had asked for, but needed so damn much; looking in his blue eyes that slowly started to lose life, I knew I was losing a part of myself.

Thom continued to fight, attempting to escape from their sharp teeth that bit into him over and over, until—he went silent. His eyes were lifeless—the only movement his body was making, caused by the monsters who were digging around in it. I was going to be next; they didn't care if I was dead. Meat is meat, and if I had to believe them, I tasted too good to waste.

The image of Thomas's lifeless eyes that were looking at me was the only thing I could focus on, next to the fear I was in. I wished I was dead, really, dead. Not whatever state I was in now.