- 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 -

- Lilly-Mae's point of view -

"How did you do it, kill those angels?"

"I thought they'd kill you—I lost my temper."

The way the angel looked at me made me feel a certain way I couldn't quite describe. But one thing was certain, it caused me to hate myself even more.

I didn't know if I had to ask why he was terrified of me, or just had to assume the worst and deal with it. Maybe the worst my mind could imagine was still better than the things going through his head. I took a moment to wonder why his opinion about me mattered so much. A moment to wonder when exactly Castiel became someone in my life that I deeply valued.

"Lilly—" Cas spoke as he pulled me out of my train of thought. "Can I ask you something else?" I met his eyes slowly, watching him sit upright on the sofa while he still actively tried to create as much distance between us as possible.

I nodded, letting him know he could ask whatever he wanted. "I noticed you looking at something—talking to it? Can I ask you what that was about?"

The creature, I hadn't imagined him after all. He really stood in the room, leaning on the back of that sofa, invisible to Cas's eyes. Panic dunked me under, unsure what to reply. My mind was telling me to lie, to not make them worried about my problems, but my heart was screaming for the truth.

"I—" Stuttering as the war in my head continued. The angel was already petrified off me, what would he think if I told him I had been seeing things, horrible and wicked things. My eyes rapidly jumped around the room as I tried to figure out what was going to leave my mouth when Castiel offered me comfort by tilting his head slightly to the right. He knew something was going on within me. He saw me struggle and was trying so hard to understand why.

"I've been seeing something Cas," I admitted quietly. "At first it was in my dreams, I thought they were just nightmares—"

A chuckle that came from the left of me caused my heart to stop beating for a split-second. I swallowed my words as my eyes trailed off towards the source without turning my head. Sitting next to me was the creature, his hands folded on his lap where they rested.

"Nightmares, huh? Am I that scary?" he asked, continued by another short burst of laughter. "Honestly, I can't blame you. I've been thinking about getting a brow lift for the last decade or so. It's an awful sight, isn't it?" he mocked as his fingertips brushed above the empty eye sockets of the deer skull he wore to cover the void behind it.

"What have you been seeing, Lilly?" the angel asked, making my attention shift back to him. The creature tilted his head, putting himself in my line of sight as he waited for me to answer Cas's question.

"I'm not quite sure," I confessed, trying to avoid describing the very thing that was staring at me, judging.

"Can you try and explain it? Is it leaking over into reality?" he asked, causing me to swallow slowly.