CHAPTER 02

' LETTER '

" Benny, my name is Benny Watts. "

" My name is Atlas, Atlas Johnson. "

Benny watched Atlas walk away, his eyes following her in an awed gaze.
Atlas disappeared behind the corner - therefore out of sight. His gaze seemed stuck in position, his only movements were his chest, which gave big deep breaths, and his eyelids, which gave long slow blinks.

After a moment he came to his senses and he collapsed onto the bench, the paper Atlas had given him tightly squeezed between his fingers.

His mind was foggy, he couldn't
focus- his encounter with the beautiful woman had left him unable to think of anything else. He was intrigued by her - all of her. Her hair, her eyes, her smile, her confidence, and of course he liked the fact that she could play a good game of chess.

Loud voices and big laughs echoed at the entrance of the hotel as a small crowd of people came tumbling out, at that point, Benny decided that it was time to head back to his room. He pushed up from the bench and started the slow walk in.

Once he had reached his room he unlocked the door and walked in placing his hat and coat onto the chair under the table. He picked up a pair of striped blue pajama bottoms and waltzed into the bathroom, he came out with the bottoms on, no shirt, and the paper held tightly in his hand.

He crashed on the bed and sat himself carefully against the headboard. Gently flipping the paper over to reveal the writing he took his first glance at the note she had left,

𝑯𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒐 𝒎𝒚𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒎𝒂𝒏, 𝑰 𝒂𝒎 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒄𝒖𝒓𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒍𝒚 𝒂𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒏𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒑𝒆𝒅 𝒎𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒂𝒍𝒎𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒃𝒐𝒅𝒚 𝒆𝒍𝒔𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝑰 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕, 𝑰 𝒂𝒎 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒌𝒇𝒖𝒍. 𝑰 𝒎𝒂𝒅𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒊𝒄𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒑𝒊𝒆𝒄𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒑𝒂𝒑𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒆𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝑰 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒏 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒕 𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒚𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆, 𝒂 𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝒈𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒔𝒔. 𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒖𝒃𝒋𝒆𝒄𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒕𝒆 𝒂 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒄𝒌 𝒂𝒔 𝒊𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒂 𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒎𝒚 𝒆𝒙𝒄𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒑𝒐𝒓𝒕. 𝑨𝒍𝒍 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒎𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒈𝒐 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒙𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒎𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒑𝒊𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒔𝒆𝒆. 𝑰 𝒅𝒐 𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒊𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑰 𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒆𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒔𝒐𝒐𝒏.