CHAPTER 03

' BONDING '

Benny and Atlas had been sat in - the now shared - hotel room for about an hour now and both were so nervous they barely talked. Benny had tried to start up some conversations each ended the same way, in awkward silence.

Atlas stood quickly and walked towards her luggage, picking up her pajamas.

" Can.... am I okay to use the bathroom? ", she asked.

Benny simply nodded.

Atlas rushed towards the bathroom as quickly as she could, the situation was so suffocatingly awkward she could barely breathe.

Benny sighed loudly once the bathroom door had clicked shut, he hadn't expected how badly this was going, he didn't have any idea on what to do to make it better.

He glanced around the room looking for something to entertain them. He caught sight of nothing that he deemed good enough.

Atlas walked out of the bathroom in her pajamas and glanced at Benny.

" Do you want to play a game of chess? "

Benny's hand flew up towards his head and a loud slap rang throughout the room, Benny quickly realized what he has just done and in an attempt to hide it, quickly ran his hand through his hair. Atlas let out a small giggle.

" Yes, yes that's a brilliant idea. "

Benny rushed to his feet and quickly walked towards where he kept his chessboard, how could he have been so stupid? How on earth was he dumb enough to not offer to play a game of chess when he was sharing a room with Atlas Johnson.

His eyes squeezed shut in embarrassment, not only had he not been able to think of the obvious thing to do, but he has also just smacked his forehead in front of her.

Grabbing the board with its pieces he turned around and placed it onto the floor at the foot of the bed.

" Could you set it up while I go change? Or do you want me to do it? "

Atlas's response was to place the two knights in their rightful place, soon followed by the queen. Seeing that she was going to do it, Benny grabbed pajama bottoms and the matching top. He walked into the bathroom and placed his clothes on the sink, he leaned on the sink his arms holding him up, and stared at himself in the oddly shaped mirror.