CHAPTER 07

' EYE CONTACT '

Annie had presented a few plates that held almost every kind of food, breakfasts, desserts, all sorts

Benny seemed used to the treatment whereas Atlas's eyes seemed to nearly pop out of her head. She had never seen so much food and she certainly wasn't expecting a stranger to treat her with as much kindness as Annie had.

Atlas had grabbed herself some bacon and some pancakes, quickly followed by some scrambled eggs and a slice of French toast.

Benny had taken some bacon, two sausages, and some scrambled eggs but after a minute or so he grabbed some pancakes too.

Despite being the second to fill his plate and he had the most food,  Benny demolished his plate first and sat patiently with a muffin in his hand, waiting for Atlas to finish.

Soon both plates were cleared, and Atlas meant back in her chair to rest her hands in her full belly. There was still quite a lot of food on the plates that had originally been brought out by Annie, so Annie decided she would wrap it up for them to have later.

Annie toddled off into the kitchen with the remaining plates after getting the go-ahead to her idea of wrapping up the leftover food for them.

Atlas smiled down at the table, gently patting her stomach to settle it, with how much food she had just eaten she wouldn't be surprised if she wouldn't have to eat for the next week or so. Benny smiled as he watched the dreamy look on her face, she did seem a naturally happy person; but as sat in the chair across from him, she seemed to be completely content and relaxed. If he had known that she would have liked Annie so much she would have at least mentioned her earlier.

Atlas glanced up and caught the look of adoration on his face, and quickly tried to permanently store it in her mind. Usually, when she caught him staring, he would look away almost immediately and so she only had a few seconds to memorise his expressions. This time though, he kept eye contact and smiled softly at her.

Atlas blushed and fought not to look away, it was a rare occurrence that they shared eye contact and she didn't want to waste the opportunity. Atlas lifted her hand slowly onto the table, in front of Bennys and leant forward slightly. Both of them tried to discreetly move their hands over to each other but because they moved at the same time their fingertips banged against each other and in surprise, they both ended up pulling their hands away.

They both looked away then, embarrassed and nervous. Benny glimpsed at her to see her fiddling with her fingers and nibbling at her lip, in a boost of confidence he reached across the table and grasped her hand, running his thumb over the back of it to calm himself down.