V x reader | vulnerable (fluff)

Title: vulnerable
Point of view: 2nd
Description: (fluff)
Some fluff to satiate my heart after Ray's After End. Don't worry, no spoilers for that because I haven't even played yet; and I'm highkey turned off by the blatant slander of V's character. I'll save you the rant, so instead take this self indulgent, fluffy scenario with a warm V that fills my cold dead heart. Anyways...happy holidays!

Takes place mostly during his normal ending—though admittedly it's been awhile since I played his route.

. . .

Bright sunlight poured in through the windows of your shared studio apartment as Jihyun sat quietly at his desk in his office. You stood leaning on the doorframe, admiring the handsome man intently sketching something you couldn't yet make out. Adorned in his usual white button-up—the first few undone, a hint of delicate collarbone and chest exposed. Long mint tresses tied loosely into a bun.

The artist's concentration promptly deviated as the syllables of his name escape your lips like honey. His body shifts away from his work and bright, inspired eyes meet your own. "How are you feeling, darling?"

"Better," you answer, sauntering towards him, "Though I would have preferred not missing out on such a beautiful day."

All your life you'd been prone to horrible, debilitating migraines. As a kid you'd ended up missing far too many school days because of it. Luckily as you entered adulthood they became more and more infrequent. Though that didn't stop you from getting a few bad ones every now and again.

"There will always be more, my love. I promise you that."

You giggle softly as your arms wrap around his shoulders, pressing yourself against the back of his chair. One chaste kiss to his jaw elicits a pleasant hum from his lips. "What are you working on?" You ask, eyes settling on the elaborate sketch of a bird.

"I woke up with this image imprinted in my mind. I can't quite remember the dream but I wanted to capture this creature's raw elegance."

"It's beautiful, Jihyun," you whisper, hands delicately running over the parchment.

"I'm not finished with it, of course, as of now it's little more than some scribbles."

How Jihyun Kim was so incredibly humble was beyond you. Especially with such an authentic creative ability. At most it had to have taken a couple hours for him to finish this drawing while you were resting on the couch. 

Ever since the events at Mint Eye, he began focusing more on painting and drawing—a hobby he enjoyed as a child—instead of photography. This was evident by all the paintings decorating the walls—each an effort to pour his heart and soul in. The only method to expressing the deepest most vulnerable parts of himself.

You spend a second more studying the sketch wondering just how it represented the male sat before you. Firm, much larger hands—ones you've grown more than familiar with—take hold of yours as long, slender fingers wrap around your own. There's a gentle squeeze which pulls you away from his art and into his compassionate eyes.

"(y/n), thank you for rescuing me from the depths of despair," his voice is meek, quiet. "I'm so grateful I'm able to look upon your beautiful face every single day. To share my life with your wondrous soul."

It was a tad disconcerting to see him bringing up such a delicate topic, one that incurred so much pain. Sure, you were the one who begged him to get surgery on his eyes. Insisted that he was undeserving of any pain he saw himself fit of. You were there for him, yes, but there was so much he accomplished for himself. Getting him to acknowledge that of himself was foreign for him. Something you were still helping him to work on.

"I am always here, Jihyun. Please don't ever forget that. I will love you forever, so long as you allow me."

One of the greatest sights in the world was his smile. The way in which his expression changes all because of your words. Mouth twisting up, eyes alight with adoration. Soon followed by contentment because for once he's allowed himself to believe your words. In your sweet promise. So he brings your lips to meet his. Soft and gentle. Familiar and oh so ever delightful.