Saeyoung (707) x reader | as long as youre happy

Title: As long as you're happy
Point Of View: 3rd
Description: (Angst)
Based on the reset theory which leaves Seven's heart broken.
. . .

The redhead's eyes fervently flickered across the phone screen that was clutched tightly in the palms of his hands. His chest tightened, tears dangerously brimming his eyes. His breaths started becoming shorter, faster. Struggling to find air, he started hyperventilating; his thoughts clouding, his fingers beginning to shake.

The phone hummed with new message after new message. A new chatroom had opened up, the entire RFA buzzing with the revelation of an intruder within the messenger.

The username read "(y/n)", a name that made the male tremble with shock and sorrow. His heart wrenched as he struggled to comprehend the situation...what was happening.

The user called "(y/n)" claimed that she stumbled upon the app from some stranger who had instructed her to enter an apartment. It was the story he had heard countless times before. Even after each and every time, it never did change.

From the moment she first entered the chatroom all that time ago, the very first time he had investigated the suspicious stranger who had hacked into the organization's messenger. He still remembered the first time he was able to hack into her phone and find out what she looked like. He treasured the moment he first laid eyes upon her, the beauty behind the screen.

At the very beginning, when she was just a mere stranger, she started becoming close with the young Yoosung. Their relationship evolved rather quickly and soon enough they became inseparable. The boy was clingy, dependent upon the girl for nearly everything—but she seemed to really love Yoosung.

Back then Seven especially looked forward to having (y/n) as the RFA's newest member, being around her, getting to know her. And he knew it would be in Yoosung's best interest to have someone around to take care of him—the young boy needed someone grounded like her.

All seemed well. Yoosung finally seemed to grasp true happiness in letting go of his misgivings. (y/n) brought out the best in him and for that Seven was truly grateful.

The young couple shared deep affection for one another. That was that.

The first time it occurred, everything seemed to totally reset. All of the member's memories regarding (y/n) seemed to have been wiped completely.

When she appeared that second time, it was all anew. Yoosung acted like he had never known her and so did the others. Even she played ignorant, talking as if she'd never known anyone. This happened with Zen, Jaehee, and then even Jumin. Each and every time she chose a different member to pursue.

Seven caught on quick, for some reason he was the only one able to recall everything that happened before. He knew there was something going on to make everything and everyone 'reset'. And when she did reset each time, he had always hoped he would be next. That maybe she'd choose him and always stay with him.

But it was troublesome for him to pretend he never knew her. After all, he had always gotten along with her. And he always felt a connection to her, a feeling foreign to him. Something he never experienced before.

She was special to him; he always knew it.

. . .

Seven's entire body began to shake as he sobbed, his mind starting to shut down.

How could she do this to him?
After all she went through with him, to even help to find his own brother...how could she just abandon him like that?