Day with Mommy

Nora POV

     After two weeks, I finally got the all clear to take (Y/n) home but they told me to be careful for he still needs to gain a bit more weight to be considered healthy and to keep an eye on his mental state. I take him to the dorm room my team is staying in and I am greeted by Jaune, Oscar and Ren.

Jaune: Hey, welcome back Nora, and hello to you too, (Y/n).

(Y/n): H-Hello.

Nora: Come on (Y/n), you know these guys. No need to be scared.

      (Y/n) came out from behind me and said hello again and we all visited for a short time, until Team RWBY knocked.

Blake: Hey guys-

Ruby: Ah! There's our little guy!

     Naturally, (Y/n) hid behind me until I reassured him that everything was going to be alright. He blushed nervously from all the attention he was getting from team RWBY. Eventually, I saw the attention may be too much for him and I kicked team RWBY out and told (Y/n) that it was time to clean up and get ready for bed.

Ren: Nora? I still don't think you should be doing this.

Nora: And why not? I am probably the only person who does care about him.

Ren: I'm not saying I don't care about him, I do. It's just with the threat of Salem on the horizon and someone potentially trying to frame Ironwood. A child is the last-

Nora: *angry* Don't you dare finish that sentence! I love (Y/n), and nothing you say will ever change my mind about taking care of him.

      Frustrated, I walk into the bathroom to help clean (Y/n) and get him into some PJ's.

(Y/n): Mommy?

Nora: Yes, sweetie?

(Y/n): Do the others not like me?

Nora: Of course, they like you.

(Y/n): Then why does Daddy want me to leave?

      My heart melts when he called Ren, Daddy, but then I figure (Y/n) was listening to me and Ren's conversation.

Nora: Dad just has a lot of work he's thinking about, but you are not leaving my side. I promised I would protect you, and a Valkyrie keeps their promises.

     (Y/n) then buries his face in my chest for a hug and I return the hug in kind. (Y/n) brushes his teeth and I tuck him into my bed before joining him and cuddling him close to me.

(Y/n) POV

     It was difficult falling asleep but with Mommy's warm hug, I fell asleep without fear for the first time.

Dream Start

      I am suddenly on a single solitary rock covered in a thick fog.

(Y/n): Wh-Where am I? Mommy, I'm scared. Please help me.

????: *monstrous voice* No one can save you from me.

     A menacing shadowed figure appears in the thick fog, and it's huge.

????: You should've left me sleeping. In a different time, I would've crushed all you puny humans, but I let you endure.

       The huge monster reveals itself as a truly massive serpent.