diez

birthday parties, anniversaries, graduations, and so on were a big deal in the haughton household. grand parties were planned throughly. no detail was overlooked.

her parents were home, but she still barely saw them. their anniversary was approaching and they still had an image to maintain. rashad returned to campus before aaliyah, but he'd be back in a few hours or days. did they know that she knew? did rashad know? did her own brother know that she knew? her head started to hurt. with every answer came another question. robyn?

robyn. her name rang so many bells. why was she doing any of this? where did she come from? how long would she be around? why did she make aaliyah feel so much at once?

frustrated, misunderstood, than it would flip to being heard and comforted. after that day she spilled her family ties something shifted. aaliyah was more open towards her and they weren't turning back. they had the same taste in music. liked the same movies. close in age.

aaliyah brought up the idea of getting back on the volleyball team. the foreign women nodded and agreed - it seemed to be a good idea. she could attend practice and they were a pretty solid team so most of the games were at home.

with every passing day robyn felt worse about what she was actually in the middle of. aaliyah didn't deserve to be locked away - wasting away. she was young, popular, smart, beautiful and so on. she gave aaliyah permission to return to the team before she was even giving the okay. for whatever reason it felt like the right decision. she'd be staying in the building for 2 extra hours and in the gym of all places. that gave robyn more time to handle her hustle so earl allowed it.

after her first practice she had a dress fitting for her parents party. her friends had a good laugh at the mention of it. her mother assigned the task of finding said dress to robyn. it was black and fitting. aaliyah's eyes narrowed when it was presented to her a few days prior.

it was chic and very classy. a slit that didn't come too high.

"it'll be easy to walk in it. slit just adds balance" robyn spoke her accent beautiful like the grin on her face. she shrugged than motioned towards the heels she picked. this whole girly thing was forced on her every time their family threw these gatherings. unlike most times aaliyah actually wanted to step into something that showed leg. it sure did feel good to be seen sometimes.

she decided louis vuitton heels. she admired herself moving her hair backwards displaying her pretty face. robyn grinned at her through the mirror and clapped.

"i did a damn good job" she gave her a thumbs up than walked out of the area probably shopping around the boutique.

after she slipped back into her jeans and windbreaker she met robyn.

"thank you for doing this" aaliyah voiced while robyn examined a corset. she nodded with a faint smile.

"no problem lee. i knew what ya mama makes you wear is shit" robyn teased and aaliyah's face turned up before they laughed.

"yeah. you have great taste" she compliment as she eyed a pair of leather pants.

"exactly. we'll be taking those too" robyn placed her hand over aaliyah's taking hold of the pants she was holding in front of her. the slight graze made her stomach flood with butterflies.

"i'll never wear those" aaliyah huffed, but in return she waved her words away.

"you're a fashion killa" robyn said as she paid for their items. her dress would be perfected by the time she'd be expected to be dressed.

"aaliyah i don't know if you're aware" robyn began as they left the boutique, "you look so good in baggy shit and literally anything that fits too."