m.yg

It all started a few years back, when Yoongi woke up to an ink art on his right wrist. His first instinct was to get rid of it. He had a concert in a few hours and he couldn't let anyone know about the sudden appearance of the lavender stalk on his wrist.

Even though Yoongi was good at hiding his distress, the leader sensed that something is wrong with his hyung. Namjoon followed Yoongi's line of sight and gasped when he realized what was happening.

"Hyung! Chukkahae!" Namjoon broke into a full blown smile.

"We have the concert today. I can't possibly go out like this," Yoongi's voice was weak.

Namjoon frowned, but he got what the older was trying to say. "I'll tell you what, let's patch that up. We will tell the stylist to provide you with a wrist band or something to cover it up."

Yoongi nodded. "Could you..."

"Of course hyung, your secret is safe with me. I won't tell anyone."

Later that night back at the dorm, Yoongi mustered up all his courage and wrote his first words to you. I am sorry to say but could you please erase this? Satisfied, he went to sleep thinking that everything would be okay by the time he wakes up next morning. Maybe he and his soulmate could have an actual conversation, even though it's just writing on each other's skin.

He woke up the next day with no changes at all. The flower was still there along with what he wrote, except that another copy of his words was in his upper arm, the handwriting neater and more artistic than his. He tried to wash the ink off. But it didn't go away. Weeks passed and it was still the same. That's when he realized it. His soulmate had tattooed his words onto their arm. He had never cried harder at the realization of how much his soulmate valued him and his words while he, being the fool he is, wrote something like that.

As the days passed, you added more artworks to your body. Your soulmate didn't mind it anymore but you always took care to get tattoos where they could not be easily seen. He never told you what is it that he did for a living but you figured out he must not be allowed to have any. After all that's the first thing he told you. But no matter what, you couldn't bring yourself to get rid of the lavender stalk on your wrist. It was your first act of defiance, it had a very special place in your heart.

Over time, you had tattooed the date you first knew about his presence beside his first words, I am sorry to say but could you please erase this? It was in Korean, and your friends always asked what was written. You shrugged it off however, always avoiding to answer the question. It was another thing that was special to you, and you wanted it to be something between you and your soulmate only. Kind of an inside joke?

You had tattooed almost all of the phrases by him which made your heart flutter whenever he wrote them. It was as if your body was a notebook where you kept notes of those special moments and reminded him how much you actually love him.

Love... Even though you both have been in contact with each other for a long time you never actually spoke those words. You didn't feel the necessity of absolutely telling him, even though you had a feeling that your actions spoke otherwise. He really did make you feel special with his words, the occasional lyrics of a random song and poems especially written for you.

But considering all things, it was a bit strange that you didn't even knew each other's names. That, after all, was against the rules of the universe. No matter what, you had no other way of contacting your soulmate except by writing on your skin. Even then, you could not exchange names, addresses and as such. Fate had its own way around to let things unfold.

Yoongi was up for the biggest surprise of his life the second he woke up from his nap on that lazy Sunday afternoon.

Their logo was on the inside of his left wrist, black ink a contrast to his pale skin. A door opening inwards, nothing else, and his brain could decipher only one meaning to it. His soulmate was an A.R.M.Y. It has been long since you had a tattoo that was on display for everyone, but you having it in your wrist, open for everyone to see made Yoongi's heart soar. You loved BTS that much and you weren't afraid to show it to the world, not even caring about your soulmate's reaction to it. Knowing you, if it was anything to go by, it wasn't a random, reckless decision.