j.hs

"Black suits you, trust me," Your friend insisted on buying that one dress she had an eye for long. It was perfect for your body type, or so she said.

"Are you sure?"

"Absolutely."

"Okay, I will take this," You handover your dress to the salesgirl as your friend tries to get one for herself.

You were born in a world where you had two soulmates. Don't freak out! One is your best friend and the other one is your, well, soulmate. And how do you know they are the one? The world is basically in shades of black and white. You can only see colors in your best friend and the world turns colorful only after you meet your actual soulmate. And you can see only half of your best friend in colors, the other half being in various shades of grey.

And seeing that your best friend had found you and her soulmate already, she was seeing the world in all its colorful glory and hence she was here to help you choose a dress for a dinner at your work. 

The boss' son was back in town and was going to take over the family business and hence a dinner was being organized to welcome him back. You thought it was ridiculous, someone who has absolutely zero working experience and has just finished studying should not be endowed with such a huge responsibility. According to you, he should first work side by side with the elders and gather some knowledge on the practical world before taking over. But who were you to say anything? It was after all your boss' decision.

"I'm done, let's go?" Your friend interrupted your thoughts.

"Yeah," You took your shopping bags and left the shop. 

"Do you want to get something to eat? I am kind of hungry."

"When are you ever not hungry?" You shook your head at which your friend smiled sheepishly.

"I'll treat you to a coffee. I'm really hungry," Your friend pleaded.

"Ah, okay, okay," You laughed and followed her to a nearby café.

You were about to enter the shop when someone bumped into you resulting in the shopping bags falling on the floor.

"I'm sorry!" The masked man spoke, picking up your bags and handing them to you, "I was in a hurry and a bit distracted, I didn't see you coming. I'm Hoseok," He removed his mask and flashed you a radiant smile that almost made you forgive him instantly. Not that you held any grudge against him in the first place.

"It's okay," You replied.

"Just be careful next time, Hoseok-ssi," Your friend berated him lightly.

"I will, now if you will excuse me," He hurriedly made his way outside not before flashing another radiating smile to you two girls, making you swoon.

"He is cute, isn't he?" Your friend asked making you giggle.

"I guess he is."

You were clad in black from top to toe for the evening. Your dress was black, your hair was up in an elegant bun, you were donning smoky eyes and you had your favorite black stilettoes on. Not that the color actually mattered to your eyes but other people were unlike you and could actually see pretty much all colors. And according to your best friend, you looked the best in black.

You reached the venue of the dinner and were greeted by your co-workers. Your boss and his son had to still make an appearance. You picked up some non-alcoholic drink and started to sip it, you were not much of a fan of alcohol anyway. Halfway through your drink, someone clanked their glass and your eyes landed on the assertive figure of your boss, Mr. Jung.

"Good evening everyone," His voice was firm when he spoke into the mic, "Thank you for gathering. I hope you are having the best time of your lives." At this, several murmurs of approval spread through the room and he broke into a rare smile that reached up to his eyes. "As most of you know, my son has returned from abroad recently after completing his studies, and I wish to transfer the company to him soon but that's something to be discussed later on. For now I would like to introduce him to all of you. This is my son, Jung Hoseok."

"Hello everyone. It's nice to meet you. I'm Jung Hoseok and I promise to work hard in future," The said man bowed slightly at his introduction. 

Everyone was smiling supportively at the young man but you were beyond awe at the moment. Because it was the same Hoseok that had bumped on to you in the morning. Before you could turn around, his eyes caught you freezing you in the process.

Various emotions passed his face, first one of recognition, then of confusion and finally one of realization and he proceeded to smile warmly at you. You smiled back politely, but internally you were freaking.

The crowd mingled and some went to greet the new member and introduce themselves. You stood by, trying to disappear in the sea of employees. You were succeeding fairly, that is until a familiar voice called you.

"Hey! Shopping bag girl!"

You turned around to see Hoseok making his way towards you. You suddenly became aware of your appearance. 

"Good evening Sir," You bowed slightly.

"Ah, ah, none of that crap. Call me Hoseok," He flashed his radiant smile once again.

"Hoseok-ssi, what a coincidence," You laughed awkwardly.

"We wouldn't have met if we weren't meant to be."

"That's a nice way of thinking." 

The song changed into a soft ballad adding to the soft ambience.

"I don't want to keep on calling you shopping bag girl," He rubbed his neck.

"My name is Y/N."

"Y/N," He mumbled, "I look forward to working with you."

"Than- Do you see that?" You asked with eyes as wide as saucers.

"See wha- Oh my god! Oh my god! Are you seeing  what I am seeing?!" He replied, bewildered.

"I-I'm seeing colors..." You whispered looking at the ground.

"Does that... that means..." You nodded.

"Oh my, Y/N! You are my soulmate!" He almost yelled.

"Stop shouting! Everyone is looking at us," You whisper-yelled.

"I don't care! Do you know how happy I am?! Ah, you should come and meet my family."

"But he is like my employer, my boss!" Your voice was frantic.

"Y/N, I don't care if you are the employee or if my father is the one who has employed you. I don't care if you have the highest paid job or whether you are an intern. You are mine, and that's all that matters to me," He said looking at you dead in the eyes.

"But can we just not go to Mr. Jung right away?" You tried your best at puppy eyes. He laughed with unadulterated adoration. 

"Yoongi hyung!"

He hollered to a feline looking man who was clad in black, just like you. His dark suite a total contrast to his pale skin. You don't think you had ever seen him around.

"Could you not be any louder Hoba?" The said man grumbled.

"Meet my girl, Y/N, otherwise known as the shopping bag girl."

"Hoseok-ssi!" Yoongi and Hoseok burst out laughing at the look on your face.

You smiled. It was a new start and you were more than ready for it.