~ 8 ~

lil bit of a CW for this chapter :0 y/n discusses childhood trauma. i wont get into any specifics, ill let you all fill that in for yourselves
the gist is that she cant remember a lot of her childhood bc things went downhill after moving, and it ended with her being oprhaned and living on the streets
also a second CW for how xiaos soulmate died: gun

also also, slight spoilers for the manga! just some mentions of how dottore likes to experiment on people-

stay safe babes, this chapter is a sad one

~

You explained everything that had happened between you and Childe, leaving out the parts where that Adeptus had tried to kidnap you multiple times, as well as the more intimate moments you had shared with the flirty redhead in his apartment. Kaeya looked pissed, but he didn't say anything. It was Jean who spoke up.

"Well... This complicates things. We can't exactly fight him knowing that it will harm you as well," she paused, furrowing her brow as she thought of what to do next, "I think we should use this to our advantage. Get close to him, and when he trusts you, squeeze all the information you can out of him. Use whatever feelings he may have for you to give us a leg up in the future."

"...So, like a spy," You asked.

"Exactly."

"But what if I fall-"

Kaeya finally looked at you, "You won't." His eyes bore into yours like hot coals, it was so unusual for him to look like this. "It'll be easy, especially if what you said about him being flirty is true."

"O-okay, then what am I supposed to do now? I just left his place, it'll be weird if I try to see him again so soon, right?"

"Oh, I actually have a quick assignment for the two of you," Jean chimed back in, her voice seeming to cut the tension that had grown between you and Kaeya. "I need both of you to head over to Angel's Share and get our shipment. Kaeya, you know the one."

"Oh, so it came in early? We'll go right away then," He responded

"Aha.. actually I would like to change first. I slept in these clothes...." You sweatdropped when Kaeya glared at you.

~

Angel's Share is a tavern that resides within Ord Favonius territory, and while the owner, Diluc, does help the gang out a lot, he makes it a point to let them know they do an awful job at achieving their goals. He provides his "services" to all of the gangs in the city, so long as they can pay. And his "services" are, well... very not legal; Diluc smuggles multiple goods, namely weapons and wine.

There's always a handful of drunkards milling about the place, and today was no different, despite it only being about noon. Diluc wasn't behind the bar, but rather it was Charles. When he saw you and Kaeya come in, he recognized him immediately and gestured towards the door that led to the cellar.

As you descended into the cellar, you spotted the owner of the place, his fiery red hair tied back as usual. He was speaking with someone, though you couldn't see who as they were standing behind a stack of crates. Kaeya walked up nonchalantly and clapped a hand on his shoulder, "Hello, my dear brother~"

Diluc slapped Kaeya's hand away, "You're late." He turned to whoever he had been speaking with prior, "I trust that you will be able to take care of this on your own? I don't fancy the idea of involving myself."

"Yes, I am determined not to fail a third time," they replied. That voice... it sounded familiar to you. They stepped out from behind the crates to leave, and both of your eyes widened. It was him again, the prick who kept trying to kidnap you. He'd been unsuccessful thus far, as Childe had always been there you get you out of it. The Adeptus brushed past you and left without a word.