07 | Fucking Exhausted

Ronnie's POV

Ronnie's POV

"What do you fucking mean there's nothing you can do?!" I slammed my fist against my father's desk angrily, rising out of my seat quickly. "Go fucking arrest him!"

Bash had agreed to take me to the police station. He didn't ask why, but he probably had a clue because of the screaming match Tyler and I had. When he dropped me off, he kindly offered to let my brother come over and spend the night, if need be. Lucas didn't want to leave me, but he could tell just by looking into my eyes that there was no chance he was gonna come inside with me.

When I first got inside the station, I was overwhelmed with doubt. I didn't know what I was supposed to say, or if they would ask about details that I didn't know or worse of all-- that they wouldn't believe me. So I went to my father first. Because I knew he would always believe me.

My father sighed and brought his hands up to his greying head, rubbing his temple. "It's not as simple as that, Veronica. We need actual proof before we make any moves."

"Proof? You need proof?" I stuttered in shock, my eyes wide. I started pacing around his tiny little office, "What about Jeremy, who actually fucking witnessed it? Or me, who Tyler literally confessed to?"

"I understand--"

"He confessed, dad. He fucking confessed. He told me she said no... but he kept going. If it wasn't for Jeremy, he would've gotten away with it. But it seems even with Jeremy stopping it, he's getting away with it." I stopped my pacing, looking out his office's window. "How are you okay with that?"

"Honey, I'm not okay with this. At all. I wanna see the bastard behind bars as much as you do. But it just isn't enough. Maybe if Vicki, herself, came down here and reported it... the best I can do is bring her in for questioning to check out the story."

"Then do it."

My dad was silent, leaning his head on his palm. He looked up at me, slowly taking his reading glasses off and sitting them on his desk. "Are you sure you wanna start this war? Cause if this becomes official, there's no going back. You'll have made an enemy of the Lockwood's for the rest of your life."

"I fucking hope so." I snarled, looking away from the view outside and towards him. "They're all pieces of shit anyway. Mr. Lockwood literally abuses Tyler. Tyler thinks he can take advantage of girls and get away with it. And Carol... well, Carol's just a really big bitch."

My dad let out a small chuckle at my last comment, but it didn't lighten the heavy atmosphere. "Okay... I'll file the report tonight. Why don't you go home and get some sleep?"

I nodded, slowly starting to make my way towards the door. "Dad... I know this is a risk for you too. You're risking your job. But we just can't let him get away with it."

"I don't care that I'm risking my job. This is my job. Putting scumbags like him behind bars. If I lose my job, at least I'll go out doing the right thing." He gave me a soft smile, before picking his glasses up and putting them back on. "Now go home, and get some sleep."