02 | Are you high?

Ronnie's POV

Ronnie's POV

I noticed as soon as Caroline saw Stefan and Elena, she whisked them away to a table— no doubt to interrogate Stefan. Bonnie had soon joined them, all while I just kept staring at them in confusion.

Why was Elena with him? And I knew Matt was somewhere here, so why was he not confronting her on why she arrived with some random boy? I had so many questions and none of them would get answered with me just sitting here.

"Come on. We're gonna go sit with them." I told Bash, jumping out of my seat, grabbing his wrist and dragging him over to their table. "Well, hello there, friends." I smiled at the three girls, looking at Stefan with a less than pleased face, dropping the smile. "Hulk."

"Hulk?" Elena questioned.

I took the free seat next to her, forcing Bash into the seat between me and Caroline, briefly taking notice to the flirtatious wink he shot at her. "He bumped into me today with the strength of a quarterback." I elaborated on the nickname I had given the young man.

Both Bonnie and Elena looked at Sebastian with a confused look. "Who's this?" The former asked, peeking up in interest.

"My new neighbor, Sebastian. Sebastian, this is Bonnie and Elena." I pointed to each of them. "And that's Stefan, who Elena's ditching Matt for?"

Caroline suddenly gasped. "That was the drama I was supposed to tell you! Elena and Matt broke up!" She laughed victoriously, happy she had remembered what she had previously forgotten.

"What?!" I almost yelled, slamming my hands on the table we were sitting around. "Why was I not informed?!"

"You kinda dropped off the face of the planet over the summer, Ronnie." Elena said, annoyed.

"If you guys had called, I would've answered! You know that!"

"You practically told us not to!" Bonnie came to Elena's defense, as always, but I understood.

"Practically and actually doing it are two different things, Bonnie Bennett." I snapped at her.

"So!" Caroline loudly exclaimed, abruptly ending the start of our fight. "Stefan, you were born in Mystic Falls?"

Stefan, who had just been silently watching us bicker, hummed. "And moved when I was still young."

"Parents?" Bonnie raised a brow.

"My parents passed away."

"I'm sorry." Elena quietly said, probably the only other person sitting at this table that could understand his pain. "Any siblings?"

"None that I talk to." He smiled at her. "I live with my uncle."

"Yeah," I started, drawing his attention away from Elena. "I've known Zach forever and he's never mentioned you."