03 | Mrs. Potters Lullaby

Ronnie's POV

Ronnie's POV

I turned to face Caroline, who held a stern look on her face. I knew about her problems with me smoking, and with my choice in drug dealer friends. "You're imagining things."

"Veronica Marie, I saw you throw it down." She crosses her arms defiantly.

"Hey, I thought we agreed to never mention my middle name. That shit is basic as hell."

"Ronnie." Caroline warned.

I groaned, "What are you? My mom? Jump off my dick, why don't you?"

"You're mean when you're high, you know? I thought you stopped smoking. That's what you said back in May." Caroline lifted her drink to her lips, taking a small sip.

"Well, you see, I say a lot of things I don't mean." I smiled.

"You would think with your dad being on the police force, you'd be a little bit more discreet about your drug problem."

I scoffed out a short laugh. "Drug problem? I smoke weed sometimes, Caroline. Just like every other normal teenager. Plus, what my dad doesn't know, won't hurt him." I let out a sigh as my head started feeling fuzzy. "Now can we stop talking about this? You're ruining my high."

"Whatever. Stefan just got here, I'm gonna go welcome him with open arms." She smirked, wiggling her eyebrows before skipping off towards Stefan.

With heavy legs, I started walking towards the bonfire in the middle of the party, having spotted Elena and Bonnie talking in front of it. I smiled at them easily, throwing my arm over Elena's shoulder, successfully scaring her. "Hola."

Elena laughed at my state. "Guess you found Mischa, huh?"

I sighed happily and nodded. "If I could feel like this forever, I would be infinite. You need to try his weed, I swear he's a witch."

"The only witch here is Bonnie." Elena teased the girl in front of us, continuing to let me hang off of her.

"Pardon?" I blinked rapidly, feeling as if I was drifting in and out of consciousness. Weed made me feel like I was in a movie— as if I could see what I was doing but wasn't in control of my actions. I loved that feeling.

"Grams says I'm a witch."

"Why don't you use those witchy powers to find out where Stefan is." Elena joked.

I pursed my lips and stopped myself from revealing that Stefan was here, deciding to give Caroline her time to shine with the boy she liked but didn't like her.

"Okay, give me a sec. Grams says I need to concentrate." Bonnie closed her eyes but I could see her rolling them underneath her eyelids.

"Wait!" I protested, unwrapping myself from Elena. "You need a crystal ball." I bent down and grabbed an empty beer bottle. "Abracadabra!" I sang as I held it out for her to take.