𝙳𝚒𝚗𝚘𝚜𝚊𝚞𝚛𝚜 & 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚙𝚑𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚜

"I summoned you all today because we have a very important agenda to discuss."

Hearing those words from their shave headed second year, the first years stood up from their sitting position on the gym's floor and walk to the door to leave the sophomores behind.

"Oi! Don't you ignore me, you ungrateful brats!!"

"But Daichi-san is scary when he gets mad!"

Hinata reasoned since he doesn't want to taste their captain's anger once again like what happened last time.

"But this is really important because it's Tsukishima's birthday and no matter how much of a b*stard he is sometimesㅡ"

"Most of the time."

Nishinoya raised his hand to correct Tanaka.

"No. Always."

Kageyama second by raising his hand as well, followed by Hinata.

"Tsukishima is salty and stingy 25/8!"

"Okay. You're right. He's always full of bs. My bad."

"You guys know I'm still here, right?"

Tsukishima, who's already holding the gym's door stopped and turned to them with his eyebrows furrowed.

They all looked at Tsukishima for a moment before resuming their conversation like the person they're talking about is not there at all.

With a sigh, the tall first year exited the gym, pulling the white wireless heardphones hanging around his neck to his ears as he walk off towards a vending machine.

-----

It was just a regular Monday for Tsukishima that day.

The usual classes, volleyball practice after class now that the Preliminaries is just right around the corner.

His mom asked if she wanted to go out for dinner on that day but he decided to just stay at home. Even his brother came home that day.

It was the usual evening for him. Finishing his school works then reading a book right after while listening to the music with his earphones.

There's just something missing. Someone.

Kei wasn't able to see Y/N for the whole day. For the past 3 days to be exact since her club was invited on a training camp with another school.

She would normally message him every now and then but today, he wasn't able to receive any messages. Not even a 'good morning' message with all her emojis.

For the nth time that day, he reached for his phone to read that it's already past 11 in the evening.

He didn't realise that it's already getting late since he's too engrossed on the book that his mom and older brother gave to him earlier.

'The Rise and Fall of the Dinosaurs' by Steve Brusatte.

Closing the book, he stretched out his arms and removed his glasses so he can call it a night.

He's about to lay down on his bed when his phone vibrated on the bedside table. Seeing the caller ID that just consists of two icons made him press the answer button right away, pressing the phone against his ear.

"Don't you ever sleep?"

'Kei-kuuuun! Can you please open the door?'

Y/N's cheerful voice on the other line formed a crease on his forehead.

"Why?"

Realisation dawned to him that he pushed the curtains from his room and looked outside to see Y/N standing in front of their house with a backpack.

She smiled at him and waved a hand when she saw him by the window.

She's about to say something when the call ended and Kei disappeared from the window.

It only took less than a minute when the door opened and the next thing she knew, Kei is already dragging her inside the house before she can even say anything.

He only stopped when they made it to his room, turning to her with his eyebrows furrowed.

Y/N just chuckled nervously at him knowing that she'll get a scolding for going out this late.

"I'm sorry. We just got back from the camp because our bus broke down. So I decided to just go here. And by the way..."

She removed her backpack and rummaged inside to pull out a wrapped box decorated with a ribbon.

"Happy Birthday, Kei-kun."

Tsukishima accepted the gift, tearing the wrapper off of the box as carefully as possible after removing the ribbon.

His eyes grew wide at the gadget in his hand. One of the newest wireless headphones from one of the top brands in color white.

He was planning to buy it for himself since the one he's been using is already broken. He's been using it for almost 2 years now anyway.

And that was the first Christmas gift he received as her boyfriend.

"I just noticed that the other one is already broken and they told me at the store that this is the newest model and some other electronic stuffs I don't really understand. So I just bought that andㅡ"

Her ears suddenly felt warm from the foam of the headphones pressed against her ears under Tsukishima's hands.

"Why do you always talk too much? God, you're so annoying."

Before she can even respond, his head lowered to seal her lips with his.

-----

"Can I say something now?"

Yamaguchi slowly raised his hand while the others are arguing what party hat design they should get for a surprise birthday party for his tall friend.

"Let's ask Yamaguchi! Which party hat should we get? Spider Man or Iron Man?"

Nishinoya held out the two party hats of the superheroes he just mentioned.

Wherever he got those hats, they will never know.

"I want Spider Man, Noya-san!"

"It's not your birthday, Shoyo!"

"Why can't we just get a salt designed hat?"

"No such thing exist, Tanaka-san."

And there they go again, starting another argument for the 3rd time with the same issue.

"TSUKKI'S BIRTHDAY WAS 2 MONTHS AGO!!!"

That outburst from the green haired first year stopped their argument, with Nishinoya dropping the hats on the gym's floor.

"Why didn't you tell us right away?!"

"Iㅡ argh!!! WHY AM I EVEN HERE?!!"

Before he can say hurtful words to his teammates and so he can avoid any further chaos, Yamaguchi stomped out of the gym, slamming the door close.

"Wow... That's the first time I saw him like that..."

"I'm so proud of him..."

xx