𝚆𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚎𝚜 & 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚞𝚗𝚎

ᚔ 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 ᚔ

"Happy New Year, Kei-kun!"

Y/N greeted Tsukishima cheerfully when he finally decided to step out of their house.

Along with his older brother, they were scolded and grounded for days by their mother for letting Kei, a minor, drink an alcoholic beverage and for him agreeing to it.

They were caught red handed when their mom got home that night with Akiteru still holding cans of beer and Y/N scolding the drunk Tsukishima for saying such important things while he's wasted.

So to sum up his winter vacation, he was scolded by his girlfriend with his drunken proposal being a total failure, to getting grounded by his mom.

It was perfect. In his dictionary of sarcasm.

After a few words and promises with their mom, they were finally allowed to go out specially that it is the start of another year.

As a tradition, the two of them visited the shrine on the second day to make sure that it wouldn't be too crowded.

Yamaguchi can't come with them this year like the other since his family visited their grandparents for the holidays.

It was a perfect and cold sunny day for a new year as they walk side by side to the shrine.

Y/N was already catching her breath after only a few steps from the bottom of the stairs that Tsukishima basically needed to push her up the remaining stairs so they can reach their destination.

"Finally! Who even invented stairs?"

"Your legs are just short, that's all."

She complained breathlessly just to be mocked by his boyfriend who can skip 3 or more steps due to his long legs.

He wasn't wrong though, thaat she only pouted instead of protesting and followed him to the shrine for their prayers.

They toss their offerings and ring the bell before clapping their hands for their prayers and wishes for the new year ahead of them.

Y/N doesn't really need any material things or goodluck for herself. She only prayed for one thing each year. Happiness.

Happiness to come to everyone she cares about.

She hoped she wasn't asking for too much for another prayer, and it is not too selfish.

With her eyes closed, she prayed that she'll be allowed to stay with him forever. That's all she wished for herself every year.

Tsukishima glanced at the girl praying beside him before closing his eyes and ending his prayers with a bow.

-----

"Kei-kun! Look! I have very good luck this year!"

Y/N showed him the omikuji, or written oracle that states her good luck on various areas like love and studies.

Meanwhile, Kei still haven't picked his when she got distracted by the displayed charms on one of the stalls.

He was about to grab his omikuji when he noticed that she's not beside him and already glancing at the different ornaments on the other stall just beside him.

She was browsing on the other ornaments when she felt a hand on top of her head, to find that it was Tsukishima who just draw his omikuji.

A small smirk slowly made its way on his lips upon seeing his fortune that says he'll have a good luck this year, ruffling her hair much to the girl's protest.

-----

The two of them, mostly Y/N, decided to grab some crepe on their way home. She was happily eating on her own favourite flavor of crepe when a slice of strawberry was placed on top of the cream.

"Kei-kun? What did you wish for this year?"

"If I tell you it wouldn't come true."

She just pouted at his response but continued anyway, looking at his side in curiosity.

"But did your wish last year came true?"

It took him a while and a glance in the corner of his eyes before he responded.

"I guess... did you wish for the same thing again?"

Y/N never really told him what it was but she told him that she wishes for the same thing every year.

With a smile, the girl nodded her head and hummed in response.

It was the same for him anyway. He wishes for the same thing every year and he hope that they will always be granted.

Since every year, he wishes for her prayers to come true.

*****

A/N: I know this chapter is in a Japanese setting but Happy Lunar New Year! (because I'm part Chinese too but it doesn't show that much so yeah...) You guys stay awesome as well this year~

Wishing melodyofthetulips a happy happy birthday as well! ♡

xx