𝙱𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚜 & 𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎𝚜

"Did you two fight or something? "

The two boys flinched on their seat at their usual spot every lunchtime upon hearing that question.

It's been 2 days now when Y/N started noticing the distance between Yamaguchi and Tsukishima. Which is really unusual when they are always together since middle school.

They seem to avoid talking or even looking at each other. Like when they walked to school, there's the uncomfortable silence between the two of them. Yamaguchi used to bring up any conversation with Tsukishima everytime but today, he didn't even spare a glance at his tall friend.

When they reached school, Tadashi went ahead to their class even though he's under the same section as Kei.

Kei even refused to have lunch with them, which is not a new case anyway. They usually seat side by side but now, she's being trapped between the two boys who are silently eating their lunch.

Something's really strange. And she's here to find out why.

Y/N sipped on the her strawberry milk while waiting for their response, switching her gaze between the two.

Kei was the first one to break the ice when he stole the drink from her, much to her protest.

"It's none of your business."

"You guys are acting really strange since this morning and you are my friends so of course, it's my business now too."

Y/N uttered with a pout that earned a quirk of Tsukishima's eyebrow.

"Friend?"

Her (e/c) pair turned to him, nodding her head.

"Mhm. Friend. This is the first time I'm seeing you two like this and it's really really strange... Tadashi-kun?"

The green-haired boy froze in his seat when he's just about to take a bite on his yakisoba bread, turning her attention to his side.

Tadashi waved his hands in denial while shaking his head rapidly. Almost, well, stumbling on his words.

"I-it's not that w-we're fighting, Y/N-chan. W-we just... w-we're just tired from practice because the c-competition is drawing near. T-that's all!!!"

Yamaguchi laughed uneasily but Y/N squinted her eyes on him in suspicion.

Being friends for years, she knows if one of them is lying or nervous. She doesn't want to be too suspicious towards him but her gut is telling her that's there's more to what Yamaguchi said.

"I-I swear! Tsukki is my b-bestfriend... so... so why will we fight? R-Right, Tsukki?"

He called out to his friend to back up on his statement but Tsukishima just looked at them with an annoyed look.

The stress from the upcoming competition is not a lie, or the fact that he doesn't have any reasons to start a fight with his only bestfriend.

They had a long night. Like a really long night after being misunderstood by their teammates.

Ever since that night, Hinata will constantly look at the two of them with amusement during practice. Even insisting for them to pair up every now and then.

Not just his friendship with Tsukishima is being questioned. But also his sexuality (mostly by Hinata and Nishinoya when they asked about his preferred pronoun).

"You two were acting strange and... I just don't like seeing the two of you avoiding each other. You two are my bestfriends... and... and..."

The two boys glanced at the girl sitting between them when they heard a soft sniffle coming from.

"You two are like my big brothers already. You two always care for each other. Inseparable ever since we're in middle school. So... so... Whatever is bothering you Kei-kun, Tadashi-kun. I hope you two will make up soon. Because I don't like seeing my big brothers fighting."

Another sniffle resounded when she wiped the tears away from her eyes with the cuff of her uniform's sleeve.

"Y/N-chan..."

She finally met with Tadashi's eyes once again with her red pair and stuffy nose. Yamaguchi placed a hand on the crown of her head, giving it light pats.

"I promise that we're not fighting. And will never do so. We also promise that next time, whenever there's something bothering us, we'll talk it out and resolve it right away. So don't cry now, okay?"

"O-okay... Promise?"

She held out a pinky for a pinky promise, which Tadashi gladly intertwined his pinky with hers.

"Promise."

"Kei-kun?"

She looked up at Tsukishima who stared right at her before averting his gaze away from her, intertwining his pinky as well with hers.

"Whatever."

For the first time that hour, her lips finally curved up in a smile in relief that the two doesn't have any misunderstandings at all.

But for some unknown reasons, Tsukishima didn't even read her messages later that night.

[ 1 NEW MESSAGE ]

🍓 🎂
07:22:06 pm
Kei-kuuun!

07:23:05 pm
Tomorrow is finally Friday! Yeeeey!!!
❤️ ❤️ ❤️

07:23:50 pm
Since it's almost the weekend...

07:24:10 pm
We're still going to the crepe shop on Sunday, right? 😊

07:24:38 pm
Right? 😊😊😊

08:30:05 pm
Right? 🥺

08:48:53 pm
Kei-kun? 🥺

🦕 Kei-kun 🦕
11:06:01 pm
Why are you asking me? Ask your boyfriend.

🍓 🎂
11:06:15 pm
But you're my boyfriend... 😳
Seen at 11:32 pm

xx