~8~

———————————————

"yeah, i should've screamed, but nobody listened, so i passed out with the blood dripping in this glass house, feeling like a prison

"yeah, i should've screamed, but nobody listened, so i passed out with the blood dripping in this glass house, feeling like a prison. me and death keep tongue-kissing"
glass house by machine gun kelly

———————————————

narrators pov

the next few days were tough. hawk and alex have been spending time together almost every night and day after and before class. johnny was working his students a lot. he wanted to show that they were bad ass and they had potential of shedding their loser skin. johnny took all of the students to a junk yard. johnny stood on a car and opened up a beer as he took a gulp. "you've trained hard! you've gotten stronger, tougher, faster. you've done your best," he told the kids in front of him, "you're ready for this tournament, am i right?!"

"yes sensei!" they all chanted out.

"wrong!" johnny called then out on their words, he threw he beer can on the ground towards them.

"man, you just fucking wasted beer! do you have mental issues?!" alex yelled at him. he looked at her angrily. she shrugged not caring, she was just upset about him wasting beer.

"your best aint shit!" johnny yelled at them, "if you wanna win the all-valley under-18 karate tournament, you gotta give me better than your best. which is why from now on, you're gonna get my worst. do you understand?" he asked them, pacing back and forth.

"yes, sensei!" they all chanted.

"are you losses?!"

"no, sensei"

"are you nerds?!"

"no sensei!"

"are you sure?!" johnny yelled at them.

"no sensei!" they chanted except alex.

"yes sensei!" alex chanted. she looked around at everyone and facepalmed. johnny facepalmed and hid his face from everyone.
a bit after the speech, johnny was having everyone run and do the whole tires training course. "move those feet. go!" he yelled out as miguel, hawk, aisha, and alex started running, "your enemies are all around you, destroy them!" he called out as everyone starting going through taking out pieces from the junkyard and destroying everything around. alex grabbed a crowbar and started breaking windows and denting doors and punching holes through the wall. it was always back and forth between the tire course and the destroying everything. "let's go, squirt! good job, buddy, go! go!" johnny yelled. johnny was now testing hawk, aisha, miguel, and alex with balance. miguel was first to walk across the piece of wood, one mistake and you're most likely to get some type of disease by all the bacteria. "move that ass!!" johnny said. as miguel finished it was now hawk's turn, then aisha's and now it was alex's. "come on karma! hurry! move it!" johnny yelled.