08. Fire Power

CHAPTER EIGHT:Fire Power

CHAPTER EIGHT:
Fire Power

EVERYONE KNEW THAT SOMETHING WAS GOING ON WITH TARA. After the whole incident at the feast, Tara had been acting strangely, she had avoided everyone's questions about what had happened, and she refused to go to the Hospital Wing like Brielle and Maggie had suggested multiple times. All she wanted to do was find Cedric Diggory, and that was proving to be quite difficult.

Tara was on her way to the library to study as she found it quite difficult to concentrate in the Gryffindor Common Room while Fred and George were testing out their Weasley's Wizard Wheezes products on younger students. She was just lucky enough to pass by a group of Hufflepuffs who were all crowding around someone, and that someone was Cedric Diggory. The two locked eyes for a moment, but Tara broke the gaze and cleared her throat.

"Can I talk to you for a minute, Cedric?" she asked over the chatter of his friends. They all stopped talking to look at her, some in a judgemental manner and others in confusion. Tara felt somewhat uncomfortable by the stares she was receiving.

"Yeah, alright," Cedric said coolly which was much to Tara's surprise, he had always been so friendly towards her but in front of his friends, he seemed a little different. She sent him an odd look when he just stood there, his friends now grinning slyly at her. Tara had never guessed that Hufflepuffs could be so scathing.

"Privately," Tara said with a slightly harsh tone, she felt bad for a split second but she was worried and confused about what was going on with her body. It was then that Cedric realised how tired and stressed the girl looked and realised that whatever she wanted to talk about must have been very important.

"Of course," he said softly, his demeanour changing entirely as he realised that out of all the people she could have spoken to, she chose him. The two walked a little way down the corridor so that his friends were out of earshot. "Where do you want to talk?" Cedric asked, looking at her sideways every now and again to make sure she was okay.

"Well I was just heading to the library to study but we don't have to go there," Tara said. "I won't keep you long, I promise," she added, looking behind her only to see Cedric's Hufflepuff friends watching them walk away, some were even scowling.

"I don't mind how long it takes, I like hanging out with you anyway. You're way nicer than them," Cedric admitted, gesturing to the group that he was just with. Tara felt herself blush a little at his comment, but she immediately shook it off. "So the library then?" he asked with his signature smile, Tara couldn't stop herself from smiling back and nodding.

"What homework were you going to do?" Cedric asked, not wanting to walk in complete silence with the girl he had liked for years, and Tara shrugged.