06. Amateur Potioneers

CHAPTER SIX:Amateur Potioneers

CHAPTER SIX:
Amateur Potioneers

FRED AND GEORGE WERE FURIOUS. Ludo Bagman had eventually handed over their winnings from their bet at the Quidditch World Cup, only for it to disappear after a day. Turns out that it was leprechaun gold, and they had lost everything.

"How are we supposed to start our business now?" Fred groaned in frustration, sitting beside George on one of the red couches in the Gryffindor Common Room.

"Well, find a sponsor or something, I've got to go to class!" Tara said, she understood that they had lost all their money and that they were upset, but she had been listening to them for the past half an hour and she was going to be late for Potions. "We'll figure something out later, I promise," Tara said with a sad smile before she swung her satchel over her left shoulder and quickly left the common room.

She practically ran to the dungeons, Snape would certainly take house points from her if she was even a minute late. Luckily, she had arrived a few minutes early and immediately took a seat. Cedric Diggory and Felix Brunt walked in and Cedric's eyes immediately went to Tara who was sitting alone.

"Go and sit with her," Felix whispered to Cedric whose eyes widened at his friend's suggestion.

"What?" he managed to stutter out. Felix rolled his eyes and gestured to the red-haired girl.

"Go, it'll be great, you'll be partners for the whole year," Felix said and Cedric thought about it for a second before actually walking over to the girl who was resting her cheek on her palm and looking at something towards the front of the classroom.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" Cedric asked, trying not to seem nervous. Tara was surprised to see Cedric smiling at her and gesturing to the spare seat beside her.

"Go right ahead," Tara said with a smile and Cedric immediately sat beside her. She looked to the back of the classroom to see other Hufflepuffs and even some of Cedric's friends, so she couldn't help but wonder as to why Cedric was sitting with her.

"Fred and George aren't taking Potions?" Cedric asked and Tara laughed.

"No way, they both received dreadful in the subject," she said and Cedric seemed surprised at the new information. "Yeah, I know. Mum was furious that they only got three OWLs each," Tara said with a grin. The doors to the classroom were then flung open and Professor Snape sauntered into the classroom, a scowl set on his face.

"Who you are sitting with now will be your desk partner for the rest of the year," Professor Snape drawled and Tara turned to Cedric.

"You can go with your friends if you want to quickly swap," she said with a smile and gestured to the other Hufflepuffs towards the back of the room, but he just frowned.