13. The Dragon Tamer

CHAPTER THIRTEEN: The Dragon Tamer

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:
The Dragon Tamer

TARA WAS ECSTATIC WHEN SHE FOUND OUT THAT CHARLIE WOULD BE VISITING HOGWARTS. Yes, she currently had three of her seven brothers, as well as Ginny, who were currently attending school with her, but she hadn't seen Charlie since the summer break, and as much as she hated to admit it, she missed him.

Charlie had sent her a letter, it was very vague and lacked any specific details such as why he'd be visiting, but it did say that he'd be there on the 20th of November, which happened to be that night, and it was only four days before the First Task in the Tri-Wizard Tournament. It didn't take a genius to realise that the two were probably linked, but Tara didn't want to get ahead of herself.

Rita Skeeter's article on the Tri-Wizard Tournament and the Champions was released very shortly after the disastrous interviews, and Tara was infuriated. She wasn't even looking at the camera when they took the photo which was on the front page of the newspaper, and she was very embarrassed that she was instead looking at Cedric, something that her brothers would mention for sure. To make things worse, the small article written about Tara was anything but good.

Tara Weasley, one of the only known elementals in the Wizarding World and suspect Champion in the Tri-Wizard Tournament at just sixteen years old. The young Gryffindor claims that she didn't enter her name in the Goblet of Fire, but as an elemental with specific fire powers, who's going to believe that? Miss Weasley states that she doesn't believe that her elemental powers won't assist her to win the tournament, but we'll see if she's being honest during the First Task. Tara didn't wish to share any more information, but trust me, we'll find out everything about the fiery girl who has us all baffled.

Tara scrunched up the newspaper and threw it behind her after she'd read the terrible article, but she wasn't at all surprised at the angle Skeeter took when it came to her. There was barely anything written about Cedric, Viktor, or Fleur, but instead, the article was nearly entirely focused on her and Harry Potter, the two Champions who had no desire to be there.

"Tara! There you are!" She jumped at the voice but instantly recognised it. She turned slowly to see a slightly out of breath Harry Potter.

"Hey Harry, you doing alright?" Tara asked with a small smile. The boy nodded, still trying to catch his breath.

"Hagrid is looking for us, he's got something to show us tonight," Harry said and held up his invisibility cloak for Tara to see. She had to admit that she was intrigued, so she followed the boy to Hagrid's hut despite it being after curfew.

"Ah, got your cloak have you Harry?" Hagrid asked upon seeing the two Gryffindors, the boy nodded.

"Now, as a warning. You're not going to like what you see, follow me," Hagrid said gruffly, Tara and Harry looked at each other with confused expressions.