Chapter 2 - Room 157

She opened the door and stepped into the room. It was empty and spotless, with two identical sets of furniture on each side. The only difference was that one bed was next to a large window, while the other was against the wall.

She guessed that her roommate hadn't arrived yet.

She chose the bed by the window and dragged her suitcase and backpack over. She hoped her roommate wouldn't mind her taking that spot. She liked having a view of the outside world, especially since she was new to this school.

She spent the next hour unpacking her things and arranging them perfectly in the closet and drawers. She wondered who her roommate would be and if they would get along. She didn't have many friends, and she wasn't sure if she wanted to make new ones here.

She hoped that her roommate would be someone nice and friendly.

She was almost done when she heard the door open. She turned around and saw a boy standing in the doorway. He was wearing a green hoodie and had a mischievous grin on his face. He was holding a key and a backpack.

The two looked at each other for a moment.

"Hey, this is room 157, right...?" he asked.
"Yes, it is. Are you my roommate?" She nodded.
'Do I alredy know her? She reminds me of someone...' Leon thought.
"I guess so. I'm Leon, by the way." He shrugged.
"I'm Jessie," she said.

They stared at each other for another moment, as if trying to figure each other out.
She noticed that his eyes were a bright shade of blue, almost like the sky.
He looked familiar, but she couldn't place him.

He broke the silence first. "Well, I'll just put my stuff away then," he said, walking towards the other bed.

She watched him as he tossed his backpack on the bed and started rummaging through it. He seemed to have a lot of energy and confidence, unlike her.
She wondered what he was doing here, in this school for brawlers, he didn't look exactly like the dedicated student.

He looked like he was more interested in having fun than studying or training. He had a playful and rebellious attitude that contrasted with her serious and obedient one.

He noticed her watching him and smiled. "So, what do you think of this place?" he asked, attempting to start a conversation.
She shrugged. "It's okay, I guess."
"Just okay? Come on, this is the best school ever! You get to learn how to brawl with awesome weapons and gadgets, you get to meet cool people from all over the Brawl world, you get to have fun and adventure every day!" He sounded genuinely excited about it.
She wondered if he was exaggerating or if he really felt that way.

She shook her head. "I don't know. It's not really my thing."
"What do you mean? Brawling is awesome! It's thrilling, challenging, rewarding! It's a way of expressing yourself, of showing your skills, of making your mark!" He spoke with passion and conviction.
She wondered if he was trying to convince her or himself.

She nodded. "I agree. Brawling is cool, even if I prefer studying or reading a book..." She spoke with honesty and sincerity.
Even if she didn't compltely agree with him, she was glad she wasn't a complete bummer like his last year's roommate.

He nodded back. "Exactly! Brawling is more than just fighting. It's an art, a sport, a culture! It's something that brings people together, that creates bonds, that inspires dreams!" He said with passion and conviction.

"Oh well, I'll let you finish unpacking, I'll rest for a bit" Jessie yawned.

She laid down on her bed and closed her eyes. She felt tired from the long journey and the unfamiliar surroundings.

Leon glanced at her and saw that she had fallen asleep. He felt a pang of pity for her. She looked lonely and sad, even in her sleep. He felt curious about her, but he didn't want to bother her while she was sleeping.
He took a blanket from his bed and gently covered her with it. He hoped she wouldn't mind him touching her stuff.

He then sat down on his bed and took out a candy from his pocket. He unwrapped it and popped it into his mouth. He loved candy, it always made him feel happy and relaxed.

He looked out of the window and saw the sun setting over the horizon. He wondered what tomorrow would bring, especially at the start of this new school year.

He smiled to himself and thought: 'This is going to be fun.'