1. From Edward

Blinking into the bright sunlight, I sit up from the grass and Rodger barks and runs at me, licking my nose.

It's the 1st of November, 2091, and it was the last day of studies yesterday.

Schools in Veronica are mixed with boys and girls, who don't talk to each other at all.

This is because here in the city of Veronica, there is no such thing as love and relationship between other families, like what a normal city would be all about.

Our hopes and wishes, along with all the love within it are only shared within our own family.

If anyone is seen in love with anyone who isn't in their own family, both families will be executed.

This is the reason why I choose to spend time with Rodger, because pets are family too.

But to be honest, why doesn't anybody think about how weird this world is getting?

The government takes control of us like robots, even though their purpose is to make sure our world population does not grow and that our resources will always stay the same.

I get distracted when Rodger nudges me on my arm and I realize that I had dropped his leash somewhere around the park after I got up the grass and walked for a few meters.

Looking back, I follow the trail behind me and for a second I notice a lime colored leash on the grass that didn't belong to Rodger.

Within a flash, it became the navy blue leash that I was looking for.

What's wrong with me today?

I don't care about these things. I want to get home and train some self defense with dad.

The sky was getting darker by the second, so I hurried towards the turn that was just before my house.

Stopping for a minute when I saw a silhouette at the street across, I blinked twice and it went away.

It was a he. I know it from the boots. And he was standing under the streetlight, holding his hat as if he was waiting for someone or something.

That walking cane...

The cloak...

That hat...

All seem very familiar.

{[]} {[]} {[]}

When I reach home, I stop myself in surprise before I step on something unusually white.

It was an envelope.

Everyone was already crowded around the TV watching the latest news about teenagers and children that were disappearing one by one, day by day.

There is currently 9 cases of them.

I glance at the envelope.

I don't want mom to know about this.

So this is the moment where I tell them I'm home and none of them turn around to at least make sure I was okay.

The result of that is me running up into my room and punching my boxing bag so hard my knuckles hurt because I didn't use my gloves.

Looking around as if I would see the silhouette again somewhere, I open it.

Surprisingly, it opened with a click, not a tear.

A short piece of rolled up paper fell out and I opened it up.

The handwriting is familiar.

'𝘐𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘢 𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺.
-𝘕𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘧𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘺 𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘴𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘧 𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯 𝘣𝘺 6:30𝘢𝘮 𝘵𝘰𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘰𝘸, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘤𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘨𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴.
-𝘚𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘦𝘯𝘷𝘦𝘭𝘰𝘱𝘦 𝘵𝘰𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘰𝘸 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯.
-𝘐𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘧𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘺 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘦𝘯𝘷𝘦𝘭𝘰𝘱𝘦, 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘧𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘺 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘦𝘹𝘦𝘤𝘶𝘵𝘦𝘥.

𝘎𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘭𝘶𝘤𝘬, 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘧𝘶𝘯.
𝘍𝘳𝘰𝘮: 𝘌𝘥𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘥.'

My heart started to race.

And I pulled out a King Of Hearts.

{[]} {[]} {[]}

When I laid on my bed that night after finishing dinner, my mind wanders into the unknown.

He never said anything of what I would gain from this 'race to reality'.

But I like competing with people, that's a fact.

He never told me any rules of this 'game'.

But I like breaking rules anyways.

My thoughts jump around in circles as my thinking nods me to sleep.

I suddenly open my eyes when I realize something.

Edward definitely has something to do with the man in the silhouette I saw under the streetlight earlier today.

The hat.

The cloak.

The walking cane.

He should have a wristwatch too.

But why do I know all of this?

Why is all of this so familiar to me?

***
Author's note!
𝐻𝑖 :3 𝐼𝑚 𝑔𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑘𝑒𝑒𝑝 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑠 𝑎𝑠 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑟𝑡 𝑎𝑠 𝐼 𝑐𝑎𝑛, 𝑏𝑒𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑖 𝑑𝑜𝑛𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑝𝑒𝑜𝑝𝑙𝑒 :) 𝑃𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑣𝑜𝑡𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑤ℎ𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘 𝐸𝑑𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑑 𝑖𝑠! 𝐴𝑛𝑑 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑜𝑓 𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑜𝑛 𝑏𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒. ツ
𝑆𝑒𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑛𝑒𝑥𝑡 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 ;)