2. 365

Goosebumps shudder all over me as I jump into my sweatpants and my comfortable hoodie swallows me up.

It's 6:20am.

The letter read 6:30am.

I should be on time.

Now I'm hurrying down the steps as quietly as I can, but the raccoon-like pattering of my feet echo through the house, and I'm hoping Tony won't wake up from this.

Tony's my brother. He's 16, and he's so sensitive to sound, oh Jesus.

Last time I tried to climb out my window, he was already standing by my door with his arms crossed.

I cringe and turn around, and to my relief, it was Mia, my furry ginger.

Time creeps all over me as I reach for my shoes and the floorboard creaks.

Still no sign of Tony. Phew.

No time to wear shoes.

So I step outside the cold pavement bare-footed.

A bright light blinds me and there's the man in the cloak again.

He's standing right in front of me now, after he somehow made his way past the locked gates.

"Good morning. I know you have the card in your pocket. Would you like a ride?"

My eyes follow his arm as he his points to... an invisible car?

Then my attention shifts to the King Of Hearts that was in my sweatpants pocket.

I notice his gaze and I look away, staring at the open space created with his extended arm.

A thousand butterflies flutter inside my stomach as I feel his frosty breath on my shoulder and I didn't dare to look up at him.

Within a second he gripped me by my forearm and pulled me into his chest.

There was a strong gale just after I closed my eyes, and then I heard the sound of people.

It took me minutes to realize how badly my hands shook until he clasped his fingers around my wrist and dragged me towards the railway train that was speeding up quickly, about to leave the station.

By the time he let go of me, my heart was already pumping ten times the blood it was pumping before.

We almost missed the caboose and now my whole body feels clammy.

I crouch and hug my legs against my chest, totally out of breath as his rasping voice sounded again.

"Come on. We still have quite a long way to go."

"What?" I blurted out, because I've had enough of this running around.

He just seized me by my hand, clutching onto the pole of another caboose that was going the opposite way.

Confused, I follow his steps over the safety bars and he hurls me over to the platform of the other caboose.

{[]} {[]} {[]}

"Welcome aboard to 365." He grins, and my lips curl into a half smile.

Walking into the cabin, he gestured towards a seat for two next to the window.

There were two cups of tea, and a few bags of sugar.

Feeling enlightened when I took a sip, I take a look outside realizing how familiar it was again.

"Feeling familiar?" My eyes shift towards his lips.

He titters in amusement.

"You know why. Tell me, Edward."

I cross my legs under the table, and curiosity dissolves into my soul.

He pulls his cloak off but remains seated as he crosses his arms on the table.

The wristwatch.

"It was the dream."

After this second, everything seemed to be unfamiliar.

"What dream?"

The silence keeps me waiting for the response, then I notice the scar on his collarbone.

And for the first time, I notice his mismatched eyes.

One purple, one blue.

"The dream you had the night before. Went into your room to give you one of those transferences so that you will most likely to do what you've thought about in your unconscious. Funny how it happened right? Guess you're part of the 10 cases of the lost in news."

His wink makes me feel sleepy.

It makes me feel as if I've had too many shots of vodka.

It releases my soul from me.

It's awakening my spirit.

{[]} {[]} {[]}

Waking up from the drowsiness after what felt like hours, I sit up from the single bed of the cabin and look around.

Edward's leaning by the doorway, his hand covering the label of my name above the doorframe.

"Hustle, darling. The others are waiting."

I get to my feet, cognizing the belt of knives that were strapped around my waist.

Now I'm fully aware of what I'm wearing along with that.

A leafed crop and some cargo pants that actually fitted comfortably.

Along with black boots.

Jumping off the platform, I land in a crouched position and to my right were the other 9 participants, each with their own uniforms and weapons, but all with the same black boots.

The race has begun.

***
Author's note!
𝐻𝑖:3 𝐻𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑎𝑔𝑎𝑖𝑛>~<𝑃𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑣𝑜𝑡𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑓𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑔𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒! 𝐴𝑙𝑠𝑜 𝑡𝑒𝑙𝑙 𝑚𝑒 𝑖𝑓 𝐸𝑑𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑑 𝑑𝑖𝑠𝑠𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑜𝑟 𝑛𝑜𝑡
𝑆𝑒𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑛𝑒𝑥𝑡 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 ;)