Gone Too Long

Jungkook crouch down, using the thick bushes as his shade as he slowly peaks out in the opening. He carefully studies the scene before him. Uncountable amount of north soldiers are spread across an area that seems to be an open land with no forest hovering over it. But what catches his attention most is the big construction going on ahead of them.

It seems like a huge cave, a seemingly passage way that leads to God knows where. He wonders what they are upto now. If this is one of their dirty schemes again. Of course they won't sit calm without doing things that will make life hard for others. And by others, he means people like him. Who grew up living on the streets and spend half their lives doing labour for the big governors.

The bag that carries his hunt rests on his side and the bow and arrows are seated ready on his back in case of a sudden attack. He needs to see what is going on there. Maybe that will lead him a way towards the south.

He waits there for a while, the night slowly falling over his head. But he is determined to find out what is happening here.

-

"Baba.." Y/n calls to the man sitting on the chair.

Mr. Min turns his head towards her and a smile lit his pale skin as a warm cup of tea is directed in front of him. "Thank you, my child."

Y/n watch him take a sip before he relax into the chair. She rocks herself on her legs, teeth gnawing her bottom lip. Her father looks up at her still standing on his side and he immediately read the bother sprayed across her face.

"What is it?" He questions, brows furrowing.

"He is not back yet." She mumbles, looking out towards the slightly open window and towards the sky that is starting to shade light blues. "It's getting late."

Mr. Min nods, his face frowning in concern. "He said he will explore towards the south side a bit after hunting. Maybe he is on his way."

"I see.." She nods before hesitantly asking him. "Do you trust him?"

The older man sighs. "I do. He had provided us with basic needs when i am not able too. He is also helping me find a way out. I don't doubt him."

She hums, playing with the material of her knee down skirt. Whatever it is that he makes her feel, she can't help but agree that he has been helping in alot of things. That it's because of him that they don't sleep with an empty stomach and a cold hut. He brings in many productive items that he finds abundant on the forest which he thinks will come to some work.

"Is something bothering you, Y/n?" Her father voice out, looking up at her with warm eyes.

She shakes her head. "It is just.." She trails off and he is sitting up alert on his seat in a second.

His face sterns up. "Did he approach you the wrong way?"

"No no." Y/n instantly voice out. "That's not it. He has never."

The man rest back in his chair, though his shoulders are still tense, he speaks his words firmly. "I expect you to tell me if something happens. Though i am sure it would not. Jungkook is a nice man. He had been homeless and forced since young and only want the freedom that rest on the other side of the bridge. He will help us get on the other side. He will help you do so."

--

Jungkook slowly steps inside the dark cave. He waited till all the soldiers spread out to either go back to north or made their way towards their tents. Till all that, the night has fallen. The moment he saw the way clear, he sneeked his way towards the large construction.