New Journey

The chilly air woosh past, carrying the flicks of little fire with in. Woods are burning and crackling from where the hut is still on fire. The flames refuse to come down, the height of it reaching the talls of the trees surrounding it.

In a daze, Jungkook continues to stare at the ground a few feets away from the fire. He feels empty, mind shut down and browsing less. In the end, he could not bring himself to do the last task he was assigned to by Mr. Min. He could not burn his body. But he hopes it's okay. He has a plan for that already.

Everything is set in his mind, ready to take action. But his damn body refuse to function with him, it's too numb to move and he finds himself still kneeling next to the place they graved the dead.

Mr. Min's grave is small, hidden a few feets under the bush so it won't be ever spotted. He didn't dig up much mud, they wanted it to be just a same level with the ground. If those soldiers sensed something like that in the ground, they would no doubt dig it up. Yes, they are that much cruel.

He cast his eyes up at the girl sitting next to him and his heart squeeze in his chest at the sight. She is withering, like a flower, closing in on itself and turning even more fragile.

She is staring down at her father, mud fisted in her hand, as if she is doing the last effort to keep her father in the palms of her small hands. She has stopped crying a while ago, accepting the reality. She knew he will leave one day, her father have been preparing her for any twisted turn from the beginning.

Ever since Jungkook arrived, he have seen Mr. Min ready his daughter for the future. He would constantly tell her to not hold onto him, to stand on her own feet, to learn to fight.

Jungkook used to feel the tingles in his twitching fingers when she would pout at Mr. Min's words, you are cruel, she would call her father that.

But Jungkook knew that she was aware of how true the old man's words were. She tried to accept his encouragement by heart, trying to put her fear behind, but it is not her fault that she failed to do so.

Her heart is fragile, getting scared from merely a small sound from the outside. She used to not retire to her room and sleep until she made her father check the door and her room window many times at night.

A lost, scared child who grew up behind closed doors of the north, under strict and politician parents. It doesn't matter if they were rich and influencing enough to survive that hellhole. Even the rich used to hide their children from the wondering eyes of outside.

That place is known to be the doom for little children. Only Jungkook knows how he survived in the streets all these years.

He gulps, remembering the past he still tries so hard to forget about. Instead, he calls out the little woman. "Y/n.."

At his whisper, the female ducks her head more down, hiding her face. Jungkook can only watch as she slips through the fingers of sanity. He has to pull her back, to save her. He also has to step up and do the right thing. Mr. Min's sacrifice for them will not go useless.

And to make that work, he has to bring his plan to life.

Slowly placing a hand on the top of her head, he hesitantly rubs the softness of her hair with his palm. "I will be right back." He whispers to her, only moving when he feels her nod her head.

Picking up the digging tool that he just used to hollow the ground for Mr. Min's grave , he walks a few meters in the woods. He hurries his step as to not leave Y/n alone for too long. He finds the bump on the ground under a minute, pulling his sleeves over his elbows and immediately getting to work.