Guardian's Peace

Mr. Min's bloodied body is leaning against the tree when they find him, slashes and cuts in many areas. He is barely breathing as his arms hold over his injuries to stop more blood from spilling.

Horrified and worried sick, the young pair is on his side in an instant.

"Baba." A cry leaves the girl, trying to bring him out of the painful daze.

It seems to work as the older man manages to let out a small groan and Jungkook sighs in relief that he is still holding on. But his body is too limp and there is no more energy left in him to move.

Only God knows how long has he been in this condition.

"Y/n, help me get him on my back." Jungkook turns to the crying girl who's doe eyes are slipping fat tears.

His heart clinch in his chest and he leans over to pat her head. "Y/n, we have to move." He firmly calls her to get her out of the panic she is going through.

The female turn her attention to him and tries to level her breathing. Now is not the time to loose your mind. Whipping her tears, she nods her head.

They both work to get the older man on Jungkook's back with much difficulty. Y/n takes the bag the young man has been carrying and they start walking back towards where they came from.

The sky is turning dark little by little and Mr. Min doesn't look like he is doing too well. Fortunately, they manage to walk back towards the mountain path without any interruption.

But that luck does not last them long. Y/n immediately takes notice of one area on the mountains where dark clouds are coming from. Smoke is being released in large lumps through the trees and into the blue sky.

"J-Jungkook." She gasp, calling for the young man's attention, eyes stuck up on the smoke.

Jungkook release a deep breath, lungs slowly going out of air yet his arms tighten around the older man's body. He turns to the young girl and follows her gaze up at the doom awaiting them.

"Fire." He mumbles. It's definitely the work of those soldiers. They are up there, hiding somewhere and waiting for them.

"This way." He nudge his head to the side towards another short cut and starts walking up the mountains with the female hot in his toes.

They climb the mountain, not caring much about making noises in utter panic. They need to get to the hut quickly.

"Y/n, in the front where I can see you." Jungkook orders the girl trailing behind him and only moves again when the female move up to the front.

His eyes study her back for injuries and finds a few starches around her arms and legs, no doubt from running through the sharp branches.

He curses at himself, not being able to protect her like he promised.

He huffs, glare hardening ahead at the remaining path and all those bastards who think it is fun to mess with survivals. He had been through all their torture back in that greasy town called north. He only wishes to escape this hell.

And this time, he will. And with people he came to care about.

They get closer to the hut and manage to escape any soldiers on their way. However, the smell of smoke getting closer and closer burns the taste of victory on the tip of their tongues.

Jungkook guts twist, a thought fleeting his head. He immediately shakes his head. Please anything but that..

For the past months, where luck was on their side, making it easy for them to hide away in a place like this. It seems to run out cause soon, as they take another turn to face the hut that become a home to them, they realize it's no longer there.