The Lingering Devil

Looking out from the window, jungkook questions. "Is there anyway i could go out today?"

Mr. Min who sits on the chair shakes his head. "I'm afraid you can not, son. The north soldiers have spread everywhere. It will be dangerous to even step outside." He explains to the younger man, frowning at the hardships that waits ahead.

It's never a good new when the soldiers spread out. That means they are aware of the few souls that wants to escape like them and would do anything to prevent it. It won't be long till they stumble into this area.

Jungkook sighs, disappointment surging through him as he thinks of the work he put into getting where he is now. He has figured out everything about what is going on, just a little bit and he can finally escape from this prison.

He takes a seat next to the older man and rests his back against the chair, fingers drumming against masculine thigh as he thinks. Y/n who sits in the corner of the hut glance at him, hands busy with a peace of cloth and a needle.

She immediately looks down to resume her work when his eyes lifts to her. Her toes curl at the way she feels him continue to stare for a little while longer. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to sew outside her room today.

She feels red blush spread across her neck and face. She has never been stared at this intensely before. She noticed him doing this many times before, though most of the time when she does gets enough courage to look up and meet his gaze, she finds him blank as he stares into space around her, looking to be deep in his own thoughts. But the other times when she had caught him, the man quickly looks away with an embarrassed blush.

Now, she would be extremely uncomfortable If he did this when he newly arrived here, but it's been a few weeks and though the man is a giant who can do anything he wants, he has not once taken advantage of her, even if she is alone. He had scared her with his presence a few times, but that is just because she is traumatized of many other things. This man is so not like the others.

He suddenly perks up in his place as he is reminded of something. "I was thinking about packing up, Mr Min."

The older man tilt his head in confusion upon hearing this. Jungkook leans in on his thighs with the help of his elbows. "Those soldiers are not far away from here. One day they might catch on that we are hiding here. So I was thinking of packing some important stuff for an emergency. We can run away and will have items to survive out there." He explains.

"That is a clever idea. We can pack food, clothes and weapons." Mr. Min nods, turning to face his sweet girl sitting quite in the corner. "Y/n, do not we have material for a few bags?"

The young woman is quick to answer. "Yes, baba. I have kept them safe."

"Good. We should start storing then."

--

The house was already empty with a few things lingering here and there, but after packing, nothing much was left. They took out all the essentials they will need for surviving in the woods, many of them laid out here and there in the living area.

Jungkook looks up from where he is sharpening the tip of a small wooden stick and his eyes automatically lands on the female. She is still sitting where she was a few hours ago, hands skillfully needling something that looks like a shirt.

She has been on those the whole day and he can't help but speak out his curiosity. Mr. Min has gone back to pick out some woods so he keeps his voice low when he questions.

"Who is that for?"

The female freezes into her place at the sudden question and he damns himself for his randomness. She tilt her head his way and he finally gets to meet the pair of eyes so soft and pretty, he is left speechless yet again.

"You.." Is the simple answer she gives him, causing him to tense up. "Baba's cloths are a bit big so I.." She trails off, hoping he won't take this as a wrong deed.

Oh God, she should have asked him before making some. Now what will she do with the other three she already made?

"Thank you." Comes his answer, causing her to turn her attention back to him. He flash a small grateful smile, features softening up as his nose scrunch just a little bit.

She flushes beet red at the sight. She didn't know this man was capable of such expressions. She had heard him laugh out loud from her room when he sits with her father at nights. But never this. Both the men have also seem to gotten close in between all the discussions and plans towards freedom.

In some ways, she is glad of his arrival. Her father has always been a talkative man and Jungkook seems to be a great listener. He also helped with so many things and thanks to him, her father doesn't have to go out for constant hunts. Years of work has weaken his body more and he can no longer walk for long hours like he used to.

Her eyes trail down at his work where he is carving a pointy tip and asks. "What is that.. for..?" She hesitates when his eyes snap towards her in the middle of her sudden curious inquiry.

The man puts down his little knife and dust off a few specks from the wood tip. "I am making weapons. They will help us survive.. well hopefully."

Her lips part in fascination. "Those are for wild animals." She mumbles, gaze set on the many tools and weapons sitting around him.

The man hums, picking up another wood to start carving again. "Wild animals, humans and many other things that will stop us from getting to the other side."

Other things..? She can only stare at him speechless. Right, what made her think this all will be easy. They have to loose alot to gain. And it breaks her that she is not ready to let go of anything.

--

Two days pass with them locked inside the hut, all hours busy with packing and waiting for the soldiers to calm their hunt. They were waiting patiently to go outside and start again with the new way of living.

Only except, it doesn't come.

Night falls quickly and all fell on their respective beds, tired of all the work that been done. No one expected it to come. But it does with careful steps, grinning like a devil over the hut as if it knew they reside there.

From being on high alert even in their sleep, it doesn't slip the men in the house. Nor do they miss the knock that echo their door in the middle of a horrifying night.

--------------------

Finally drama. Ya'll are not ready for what's to come. It's gonna be fucking THRILLING. I'M GONNA LEAVE YA'LL THIRSTY AND HORNY AND PSYCHO AND MANY OTHER THINGS I CAN'T NAME CAUSE I'M A LoSEr.

Don't mind me, I just started my first fast and I already feel thirsty. So yeah I can't wait to find out what is gonna happened 😬😬

Also I have an art class tomorrow from 1 to 3 and the drive there is almost one hours so make that 5 hours In the heating sun where it slaps the heat night into my face. So yeah. I'M DOOMED PRAY FOR ME PLEASE