3. Adrianne~ III

I stared into the looking glass as Kelarie fiddled with my hair. I was sitting before the dresser, clothed in tight dark pants- the only tight pants Kelarie owned- and a burgundy tunic.

Kelarie stood behind me while playing around with my hair. She had on her usual knee length kirtle. It was black this time and had silver embroidery at both the wide round neckline and the ends. She had a thing for embroidery because most of her clothes had artistic embroideries on them.

"You've been moody all morning. Are you still thinking about yesterday's incidents?" She asked.

Yesterday's incident... the fire...how did that happen?

"Don't think about it too much. That's just how Kentra is. You see she's Riya's half sister. That's the only reason why we let her hang around... but lately, she's been crossing the line," Kelarie explained.

Maybe Kelarie was telling the truth when she said she found me floating in flames and not red lights?

"Are you even listening to me at all?" She asked in disbelieve.

"Of course I am, I-I was just t-thinking of s-something," I stuttered.

She folded her arms and raised an eyebrow at me.

Okay she seems pissed. What to do?

"You said you found me floating in red flames. Is that true?" I asked diverting her attention and getting my answers.

"How many times will I tell this story?" Kelarie whined.

"Well I want to hear it again," I said pulling my most innocent smile.

"Aaaarrrrrrgghhh! Fine I'll tell it. So it's simple, I was sad so I ran to shore as always while the water star-" her story was interrupted by a knock on the door.

We both threw our heads towards the door, down our right.

"That must be father," Kelarie whispered then shouted, "come in father."

The door hinge slowly turned down and the wooden door was pushed open. He cleared his throat first, then threw his eyes from me to Kelarie.

He wore white pants, a black shirt tucked into it, a black surcoat over the shirt and black boots. He stood with one hand behind his back as if hiding something.

"Hello there...ladies," he began, somewhere between the tone of being strict yet hesitant.

"Hello father."

"Mr Ophron," I said with a little nod, acknowledging his presence.

He cleared his throat again. "I...I-eer figured that err..." He trailed.

We waited while he looked around, finding it hard to speak. When Kelarie could bear it no more, she spoke up.

"Father is there anything you need or want me to do?" She asked.

He cleared his throat again for the third time and folded both his hands behind his back to give him leverage. Then he looked down at Kelarie, although she was standing, her height was no where near her towering father's.

"You've been sharing your clothes with Hay here. You're probably running out of clothes to wear. I want you to go shopping for new clothes. You can also buy Hay some clothes of her own," he finally said.

Kelarie raised one of her brows, still not believing what she was hearing.

"Eer... here, you can use the coins in this bag to pay. I-I hope it's enough", he handed the little bag of coins to Kelarie.