you're joking, right?

A/N - this fic is also on ao3 under the same title and i just wanted to clear up some confusion, yes! this is my fic and i wrote it originally on ao3 but i also wanted to put it on here so more people can read it! i love seeing your comments and if you ever have any ideas that you'd like to see in the story please let me know and i'll try my best to include them (with credit obviously) thanks for reading!! <3

"wait we tied?" bad repeated slowly, as dream tapped his foot against the floor. they all knew this meant they'd have to preform again before the final and they didn't have any songs prepared.

"shit dude we gotta think about something and fast" sapnap murmured leaning back into the armrest of their small couch of the tour bus, he ran a hand through his hair, a new habit of his.

"we have an hour to prepare a whole song sap, we may be good but we aren't that fucking good" dream huffed bad muttering a small language, not wanting to annoy dream further.

the three boys sat in silence for a while, until they heard the bus door slide open, and in came the others, looking equally as nervous.

that was everyone but karl, the stupid bastard still wore his signature cocky smirk, 'does this man have feelings' sapnap thought to his self before quickly looking away from the other group, standing up from his place on the couch.

"c'mon assholes" he hummed grabbing bad and dream by there wrists tugging them up and out of the bus, pushing past karl purposefully, heading towards the venue.

the three had made it to the practice room, all in their designated spots, sapnap tapping some random pattern against his snare, trying to get some sort of flow. bad following in his footsteps, dream mumbling some words trying to stitch them together.

eventually, after an intense 40 minutes, the group had managed to put together a decent song that they were mostly confident with. and even if they wanted to spend longer, karl jacobs just had to interrupt, poking his brown hair through the door grinning at the three of them.

"stage manager wants you" he hummed meeting eyes with sapnap, tilting his head slightly when he realised sapnap was staring right back.

not able to handle the weird tension the two had, dream and bad instantly left causing sapnap to follow behind.

the three made it to their destination, listening carefully to what the manager had to say, sapnap nodding occasionally and dream asking a few questions here and there.

by the time the manager had finished talking, the three boys could hear the venue filling up, sapnap tightening the bandana around his head as dream fiddled with his fingerless gloves, bad adjusting his devil horns that lay atop his head.

the three entered the stage, sapnap winking at a few people, bad waving and grinning widely while dream positioned his mask smirking.

sapnap counted the band in with his sticks, bads opening guitar solo blaring through the speakers. "i fell, in your arms tonight" dream sang with his whole chest, slowly getting used to the idea of preforming live. the way his heart pounded in time with sapnaps drums, his hips swaying along with bads guitar riffs. the words flowing easily now.

"i tried to escape the afterlife" dream and bad both harmonised, their voices matching perfectly to create a sound that was ethereal to the ear.

after a while, sapnap noticed the other band were now in the crowd of people, at the barrier, all looking up at them. sapnap dropped out his drums and dream stopped singing, allowing bad to have his long awaited solo.

"i fell, in your arms tonight, suicide in your arms" he sang hitting every note as he stared into skeppys eyes, grinning widely. after he'd finished singing he looked back to his guitar simultaneously nailing his guitar solo, causing dream and sapnap to smile wide.