newbie

A/N: HAPPY NEW YEARS!!

sapnap fiddled with the zipper of his leather jacket, fingers shaking slightly from both the cold and nerves.

"i'm sorry guys" bad mumbled sympathetically. "so you're saying we have the choice to either drop out of the competition or-" dream spoke quietly as the three boys stood outside of the tour bus, bad shifting his weight between both legs as he watched sapnap intently.

"or uh combine with 404?" dream spoke quickly rushing to get his words out as he waited for sapnaps reaction, suprisingly, the raven haired boy stayed silent, his eyes trained on his hands as the moved across the zipper.

dream and bad stayed silent, assuming sapnap would burst at any moment at the thought of having to work along side karl. the two boys leant back against the bus as they silently discussed their answer through eye contact.

it was only a few minutes until sapnap eventually spoke up, looking up at the two boys who stared right back at him.

"well we better go practice" sapnap mumbled walking over to the bus doors his feet dragging against the floor.

"wait so you wanna join them?" dream asked, in awe at sapnaps response not expecting him to agree.

"it's not like we have any other choice, bad has to leave either way and i wanna win this shit, besides you're all loved up with george" sapnap fake gagged as he slid open the door, earning a few protests from the other two boys "not loved up!" dream huffed, bad sighing softly.

"i promise i'll be back in like two weeks tops, we can go back to normal after that! but my mom really needs me home because of my sister" bad didn't continue on any further as the other two boys already knew about his family issues.

sapnap headed straight to his room ignoring his other two friends, why had he just agreed to that, sure he wanted to win but his conflicting emotions towards karl were fucking up his brain.

to his surprise, karl was no where to be seen. he sighed in relief, glad to know that he had time to mentally prepare for the next few hours he'd be spending with the other band.

he didn't really mind skeppy, the blue haired boy seemed kind, and bad had taken a liking to him so that meant he couldn't be that bad.

sapnap had mixed feelings towards george though, he must've heard the british boy speak maybe two times, but from the way dream had instantly found an interest in the boy, sapnap assumed he couldn't be the spawn of satan.

however, that did not apply for karl. sapnap swore the brunette went from being so cocky and arrogant during the day, to quiet and even shy at night. it was confusing to say the least, the way he presented his self on stage completely different to the way he seemed late at night while sapnap drifted off to sleep.

after giving his self a small pep talk, sapnap tied up his bandana and zipped his jacket up slightly, grabbing his favourite pair of drumsticks out of his travel bag.

he left the room, meeting bad and dreams eyes, who were patiently waiting outside of the bus. the two boys lit up at the sight of sapnap, that's when the raven hair boy knew that he had to do this, for his friends.

the three all walked towards their now shared practice room, dream draping his arm across sapnaps shoulder making a comment about how small sapnap was compared to his self.

"s'not my fault you're a giant" sapnap huffed causing bad to laugh "he got you there dream"  bad hummed placing his hand against the door handle looking behind at dream and sapnap who nodded slowly.

he opened the door peaking his head around the frame "does your offer still stand?" had asked softly, offering the opposing band a small smile.

the other two boys also entered the room awaiting their answer, sapnaps eyes trained to his shoes once again, not wanting to make eye contact with any of the others, he felt dream tap his shoulder reassuringly causing him to relax slightly.