The Coincidence

Chat Noir couldn't believe it when he found Ladybug instead of Marinette on her balcony that night.

"M'lady," he said as he landed. "Why did you transform?"

"Well, I figured that you're used to seeing me like this. So I just thought, why not?"

"You... you don't have to do that. I don't mind seeing you at all. I mean, the real you."

"Well to be honest, I kind of feel better now that I'm transformed. I think that the suit is helping me with my injuries. It doesn't hurt as much to walk like this."

That was definitely good to hear. But he was secretly a little disappointed. He really liked being with her as Marinette. "I'm glad."

She crossed her arms. "Now there's something we need to talk about," she said sternly.

"What?" he squeaked out, suddenly terrified.

"We need to talk about the embarrassingly large amount of flowers that were delivered to my school in front of all my friends."

Chat Noir chuckled. "Oh M'lady, no amount of flowers in the whole world would be enough for you!"

"It's not funny," she replied, only half serious. "Now all my friends know that I have a boyfriend."

"And what's wrong with that?"

"You know what's wrong with that! They asked me what your name is, and I had to make something up!" She tipped her head back to look up at the sky. "I still can't believe that they actually bought it."

"So, what name did you pick out for me?" he teased.

She looked back at him. "You don't want to know."

He chuckled again. "Alright M'lady. But I do need to know if you liked the flowers."

Her expression softened. "They made me so happy," she told him. "Although I have to admit that I was a little mad at first. But then I realized that you just wanted to make me feel better. And I am feeling better, because I know that you care about me."

"I care about you so much," he whispered.

"You're too sweet," she whispered back before giving him a quick peck on the lips. "Now come on, let's go inside. It would be really bad if anyone catches Ladybug and Chat Noir smooching on my balcony."

He nodded vigorously. All day long he had been waiting for that moment.

She pulled him by the hand to the hatch and climbed in first. Following behind, he landed next to her on her bed. He quickly leaned her back and crawled on top of her. "I missed you so much today," he purred before kissing along her jaw.

"Oh Kitty, you say that everyday," she laughed.

"Well that's because I miss you everyday."

More laughter. "You know I miss you too." She ran her fingers through his hair as he moved his kisses around her face. Eventually he got back to her lips.

After a few minutes he had to pull back to catch his breath. "Will you please detransform?" he asked. "I want to check on your injuries. You know, to make sure that you're getting better."

With a small sigh she agreed and detransformed. Tikki quickly flew off.

"How's your leg feel?" Chat Noir asked, examining it.

"It's much better. I can walk on it again, just very slowly."

"Well that's good. And your side?"