The Transporter

Adrien wasn't surprised when he didn't find Marinette in class the next morning when he arrived. After the injuries that she sustained, she needed to stay home and rest.

He settled in his seat and started talking with Nino. Right before class was going to begin, he froze when he saw the beautiful raven-haired girl coming in through the door. With a very obvious limp, she slowly came into the room.

"Oh my goodness, girl!" Alya announced, jumping up and going over to her. "What in the world happened to you? You look like you got hit by a bus!"

Nino and Adrien quickly got up and went over to her too.

"Oh it's nothing," Marinette insisted. "I just fell down my bedroom stairs. It looks a lot worse than it is."

Adrien stared at her. She really didn't look good. Besides the cuts and bruises that he could see, it also looked like she hadn't gotten any sleep. She was probably in too much pain. "You're hurt, Marinette. You should go back home."

"No, it's okay. It's really not that bad. I mean, with my clumsiness I'm kind of used to these things by now."

"Your clumsiness is going to kill you one of these days, you know," Alya told her. "Well if you're going to stay here, at least let me take your backpack for you."

"Thanks Alya," she replied, wincing as she took it off.

"Let me help you to your seat," Adrien said. Before she could respond, he picked her up bridal style.

A few of their classmates snickered as he carried her to her place. She was too shocked to object.

He placed her down gently on her seat.

"Th... thank you Adrien," she sputtered out. "You didn't have to do that."

"It's my pleasure," he said, gazing into her eyes.

With a huge smile Alya slid into the seat next to her. "Wow Adrien, I never realized how strong you are. Isn't he strong, Marinette?"

"Yes, very strong," she mumbled.

"You wouldn't mind carrying Marinette around all day, would you?" Alya asked him. "After all, we don't want her injuring herself more."

"That will not be necessary!" Marinette answered for him, turning towards Alya and glaring at her.

"I would love to," Adrien replied, earning a bigger smile from Alya and a confused expression from Marinette.

"Adrien, you don't have to..."

"It's not a problem at all," he interrupted. "It's obvious that you're having trouble walking, and I'm right here. I don't mind."

"Oh thank you Adrien!" Alya continued. "What a gentleman!"

"Yes, thank you," Marinette repeated.

"You're welcome," he replied softly. After an extra second of looking at her, he turned and sat in his seat.

Alya smirked triumphantly over at her best friend. Marinette rolled her eyes.

************************************

"Are you sure you don't want to go home?" Adrien asked Marinette for about the twenty-eighth time. "You should be resting."

"I'm fine, I swear!"

His face fell. That determination and that stubbornness of hers, it was... ugh, completely irresistible. But no, not right now. Right now it was frustrating. She was pushing herself too much. "I can take you," he continued.