The Conversation

School was a blur.

Adrien kept daydreaming about the night before. He couldn't believe that he was officially dating Ladybug. He couldn't remember a time when he had ever felt happier.

Marinette was in a slight panic. Had she just made a huge mistake? There was no doubt that she enjoyed her time with Chat Noir, but did that mean that they needed to be in a romantic relationship? The last thing she wanted to do was to leave him heartbroken.

But he did promise that he would respect her decision if she changed her mind. Hopefully he would keep his promise. If it ever came to that, of course.

The bell rang to signal the end of school. Marinette gathered up her things and walked with Alya downstairs. They were right behind Adrien and Nino, who were talking to each other. She couldn't help but eavesdrop on what they were saying.

"So how was your hot date last night?" Nino asked, wiggling his eyebrows at him.

Adrien laughed. "It was okay," he said simply, a big smile plastered on his face.

"Just okay? You seem awfully happy today for it to have been 'just okay,' dude."

He looked down at the floor in embarrassment. "Are you really going to make me say it?"

"Of course!"

Adrien sighed dreamily. "It was the best night of my life."

Nino chuckled. "That's awesome, man. Congrats. We'll all have to go on a double date sometime."

"Uh, yeah. Maybe."

When they got to the door, Adrien turned around. Both Marinette and Alya took a step back. They had both moved in close in an attempt to listen to the conversation. "Oh hey Alya," he said. "I wanted to tell you that I won't be able to go to the movies with you guys this week. I kind of want to keep my schedule open for a while. But I hope that you have a great time."

"Uh, thanks for letting me know," Alya replied.

Adrien looked over at the girl next to her. "Hey Marinette. I'll catch you guys later," he said before turning back around.

She gave a weak reply as he went outside.

Alya looked over at her. She wanted to say something to comfort her friend, but didn't know what.

Marinette noticed her stare. "It's okay Alya. Don't worry about me, I'm fine."

"We both know that you're not."

She sighed. "Maybe not, but I will be. Seriously, you don't have to worry about it. I'll see you tomorrow."

"See ya," Alya said sadly, watching her leave.

Marinette started on her short walk home. She would be fine, just like she said. There was simply no other option. She would never end up with Adrien. It was abundantly obvious that he was happy with Kagami.

Not to mention that she was technically in a relationship with Chat Noir now. He was sweet, caring and trustworthy, and they got along exceedingly well. That was just what she needed at the moment.

He would help her get over her crush on Adrien. After all, it was long, long overdue.

Once she reached her bedroom she dropped her backpack on the floor and smiled to herself. She couldn't believe it, but she was actually looking forward to meeting up with Chat Noir that evening.

************************************

Everything was set up just like the night before. He even had a pink rose waiting for her.