part 16: missing

Authors note : THIS IS ONE WEEK LATER LOL
please know there is a trigger warning at the end of this story. this story is also really short lol

"You know you're going to fall right?" I was watching louis try to stand on his skateboard. We were at an ice rink and he persuaded me to come with him to try out his 'idea'.  "Lou, please don't die."

"I'm not going too! Just watch!" He jumped onto the skateboard and I almost burst out in laughter before helping him up. His board slipped and he had fallen onto the ice .

"Are you okay?" I pulled him up and he just shook his head .

"Let me stay here for a moment." He groaned and I laid down next to him. I saw ice skaters shifting in their direction to avoid us as we laid there for a few seconds.

"I don't think you're idea worked." I smiled.

"Definitely not trying it again!" He sat up and I stood.

"Come on Lou, it's freezing and I need some hot chocolate."

"Fine. But I'm getting some too" ...." he smirked and I laughed .

We walked to the nearest coffee store and ordered two peppermint hot chocolates and sat down outside.

"Enola Holmes comes out in 1 month!" He announced and I grinned at him. I was so excited to watch it with Millie and him.

"Im so excited to see it!"

"Me too, we'll be able to watch it next week." He smiled

"That's great!" I started, "we are definitely watching it with your family and Millie." I exclaimed and watched as he beamed. Millie and Louis were allowed to watch it before anyone else , because they were the main actors . Louis had been talking about it all week, he had literally spoiled the whole plot for me.

We finished our hot chocolate and then headed to Louis house. Millie and Issie were waiting to have a Harry Potter movie marathon.

(At The partridge family's house :)

"NO FCKING WAY" Someone screamed followed by ,

"SHES HERE!" Someone squealed and Suddenly I was embraced by 4 different people . I pulled out of the hug and saw that it was Millie, Issie , Mrs and Mr Partridge . I grinned and they pulled me inside to the family room.

"We missed you!" Issie smiled , as I sat down next to her. Louis slided next to me and Millie and her parents went on the other side of the couch.

"I missed you guys too!" I said ,

"How was your family's Christmas? " Mrs Partridge asked , and I smiled at her

"It was amazing . I hope you guys had An amazing holiday too." I said ,

"We did! I'm sure Louis told you all about it though." She said , winking . I looked over at louis , who was a bright red .

We turned on the movie (order of the Phoenix) and we watched it . Halfway in , Issie got up to get snacks and returned with 5 bags of popcorn , icees and candy.

"You are a lifesaver." I whispered to her as she giggled and handed me the m and ms.

I felt a beep in my pocket and I took it out . My mom was calling . "I'll be right back - my moms calling me." I said to the partridges before going upstairs to answer it .

"Mom?"

"I'm sorry, I know I'm interrupting your movie, but this is important." She sounded worried.

"What's wrong mum?"

"We can't find Max. We thinks he's - he's missing. Dads on the phone with the police. He isn't answering any of his calls or texts."

I almost fainted . my only brother was missing . Missing . I could feel the tears running down my cheeks and I sat on the ground , trying to collect myself .

"Y/n?"  She said . I wiped my tears and cleared my throat.

"I just can't believe it."

"When did you last hear from him?"

I tried to think when I last heard from him , everything was just so overwhelming.

"Last night at dinner . I thought he wasn't at breakfast because of his girlfriend." I started to sob and I could feel dad talking on the other end and mom pacing the room. "How did you guys know..."

"We texted him 10 hours ago. Then we called him. We called his friends ,his girlfriend and basically everyone he knew. We wanted to tell you , but you were with Louis. " She paused , "come home as soon as you can ."

And she ended the call. I sat on the floor , my head in my knees trying to figure things out. I couldn't believe he was missing . How could I not know?

"Y/n?" I heard a voice behind me and I turned to see Louis standing there . He ran up to me and sat down next to me . "What's wrong?" I looked at him, he looked so worried . I wrapped my arms around him and cried into his neck.

"Max is missing." I stifled between breaths . I could feel his head shift in position and lay on top of mine .

"It's going to be okay." He whispered, and pulled back my hair to my ears and kissed my forehead. "It's okay," he said , stroking my hair as I relaxed .

"I need to go home now."

authors note : this is so SHORT I'm so sorry 😭😭
so I couldn't really write . I'm trying to write every night and post but tomorrow I probably won't post (I'll post on Saturday)
MERRY CHRISTMAS IF YOU CELEBRATE LOVES I LOVE YOU ALL HAVE AN AMAZING SAFE AN HEALTHY CHRISTMAS 🎄🎄💜💜💜💜